Home Forums GENERAL Point reduction

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Alessandro Festa
      Participant

I have noted that sometimes a small amount of points (typically 3 points) is subtracted from my amount.
      Is there any reason why this happens?

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Alessandro,

I don’t know the reason for your particular question since it never happened with me. However, I had an issue with “not getting” points previously: my replies were created but I wasn’t getting points for them. When I noticed it, I contacted to Bryan and he took care of it. Therefore, I am recommending you to do the same. You may need to attach some screen shots as well.

Ashu verma
      Participant

Hello Alessandro
      I am agree with problem you are facing.This did happen to me sometimes.I dont know why sometimes points get deducted from saved points.Is it due to the replies made by us in not accurate manner or due to some posted content i.e links of papers,screen shots or due to the plagiarism in the posted content?
      Hello Ravil,you mentioned about not getting points for replies,but i got points for my all replies.however deduction of points happened to me sometimes.I think Bryan clarify this thing here,because all of the forum members cant mail Bryan for these problem.

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

Hi Samsung, I don’t think it is about the content of the replies since it happens really shortly after the answer…I don’t think moderators are that quick! It seems something automatic…maybe Bryan, if he reads this post, can help.

Damian Marek
        Participant

We do not manually change the points (unless a member is abusing the point system, but we will send you a direct message). We have a system in place that gives users more points based on if their response is voted best answer. Perhaps you lost a few points because you lost the best answer vote in some other forum topic.

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

Hi Damian, now it makes sense…if I have one vote and after a while somebody gets two votes in the same thread, I lose some points because my answer is no longer the “best” in the topic.

Thanks for your explanation!

Ashu verma
      Participant

Thank you damian for clearingg our doubts regarding point system.It means in one forum topic,member with higest likes will get the extra points while other with less no. Of votes will loose there points.I think it would be better if everone get points for there best replies rather than one with higest votes.

Bryan Tipper
        Participant

Alessandro: Thanks for catching this. Losing points should only happen when we delete SPAM or other posts that do not follow the forum rules.

Sam Sung: We actually designed the system to award 3 points for every “Like” – so it is not working properly. Changes will be made on Monday to correct this deduction issue.

All: We will not be able to retroactively correct these small point deductions, however, starting Monday there should be no issues going forward.

Best Regards,
        Bryan

Alessandro Festa
          Participant

Thanks Bryan! So this is why I was deducted 3 points sometimes…

Best Regards,
          Alessandro

Ashu verma
      Participant

Dear Damian
      I have one more doubt regarding points and best vote,what if two members on one forum topic having same number of best votes.Then how points will distribute? As you give very accurate answers on forum topic,how would someone other get high no. Of best votes 🙂

Bryan Tipper
        Participant

See my reply above.

Best Regards,
        Bryan

Ashu verma
      Participant

Thank you Bryan.

Ravil
      Participant

Thanks to Bryan and Alessandro for bringing this interesting discussion about points deduction! Personally, I have not noticed these changes with my points. However, I didn’t intend to track my points all the time. Sometimes, It is difficult to do that as well. If I understood Bryan’s answer correctly, the points won’t be deducted, even if the answer is not top-rated by the end of the discussion. The answer with more votes will receive more points.

Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

Thank you all for clearing the doubts regarding the points.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.