Home Forums SYSTEM PIN photo diode

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      ahmed helmy teama
      Participant

I have optisystem V.13, when i using PIN in any system for example FSO. the program is not responding.

ahmed helmy teama
      Participant

the attached file for FSO using PIN photo diode,by run the simulation the program is stuck.

Attachments:
        alistu
        Participant

Hi Ahmad, I ran your osd file simulation using Optisystem version 13.0.3. it was run completely okay and without any interruptions by errors or anything. Here I have attached the BER figure by BER analyzer so as you see the result. I think it is a technical problem and you need to contact Optiwave technical support.

Attachments:
        Ashu verma
        Participant

Hi Ahmed
        Alisthu almost dolved your problem i think,But can you tell in this particular system you were facing this problem? or this happened to you for other systems too?As far as i observed ,no changes has been made by Alisthu and it is working fine.What kind of error has appeared?

ahmed helmy teama
      Participant

Thank you Alistu

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome Ahmed! I hope your problem will be solved soon. As for what Sam Sung mentioned about any changes having been made by me, he is right. I didn’t make the slightest change and just ran the simulation. I think Sam Sung brought up a good point. you’d better see of PIN makes the same problem in other systems for you before contacting Optiwave.

Ashu verma
          Participant

Thank you Alisthu for Appreciation.I have made this question due to the fact that some times this could be a version incompatibility.I have experienced this,some times the system made in optisystem v13 64 bit does not run in optisystem v13 32 bit.Same problem with files of 13.0.3 for running in 13.0.1 and 0.2 .In most of the cases when the global parameters are not correct system stops working.So due to these reasons i told him to check it for other systems

alistu
          Participant

I have also experienced more or less the same problems as you are stating now. I had created a WDM-OFDM system using optisystem 13 32 bit which would give component error whenever it was run. This was solved the moment I used v.13 64 bit and from now on, I have been suggesting this version to those who wish to use optisystem trials.

ahmed helmy teama
      Participant

Thank you sam sung.
      Thank you alistu.
      I found the problem that i ran system established by optiwave v.7 in optiwave v.13, but when i established the same system by optiwave v.13 component it works fine.

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome Ahmed. I am glad that you have found your problem but so as you know, I also use Optisystem version 13 (13.0.3 actually) and yet I managed to run your simulation from the same file that you are saying you had implemented using optisystem version 7 and the calculations went quite well!

Ashu verma
        Participant

Hello Ahmed
        As you said about running the file of older version in latest one does not work for you but when you do in v13 then works ok.However you can run the file of older version say optisystem v7,10,111 etc in latest one with no such issues.But latest version file does not run in older ones.But why didnt your file run in v13 weather it is made in v7 or higher?

ahmed helmy teama
      Participant

yes, alistu. I understood what you mean. Also i wondered, but it is happened with me.

alistu
        Participant

Hi Ahmed, You are right. It’s a good thing you managed to overcome the problem anyway. i think you’d better contact Optiwave for this. While Optisystem older versions cannot support files created by newer ones, the newer versions are supposed to support the older ones. In your case this is not apparently happening.

Ashu verma
      Participant

Alisthu is right,you have to contact optiwave in this issue.This ok that you have latest version an most of the forum members have question on the issues and file attache d from v13.But sometimes forum participants attach files of older versions,you are expected to give them answers and you have to solve this problem.

alistu
        Participant

Sam Sung is right! And also, you might be willing to use some examples and samples from Optisystem 13, which are the most up-to-date and many of which are the modified versions of some samples in the older versions. But more importantly, when you want to get help from others, most of the time they attach v13 files and you’re unable to use their help.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.