Home Forums SYSTEM PIN APD receiver sensitivity analysis

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      MUKESH KUMAR GUPTA
      Participant

hello all

Please need some help. here i attached osd file of optisystem 13 by comparison of APD or PIN receiver sensitivity analysis. here I got

for APD received power -28.95 dBm at BER 10-10 (Q=6)
      for PIN received power -35.45 dBm at BER 10-10 (Q=6)

As per my analysis in above result PIN Receiver showing good sensitivity then APD but most research artical shows APD has good sensitivity then PIN. please verify my statements.

MUKESH KUMAR GUPTA
      Participant

hello all

Please need some help. here i attached osd file of optisystem 13 by comparison of APD or PIN receiver sensitivity analysis. here I got

As per my analysis in above result PIN Receiver showing good sensitivity then APD but most research artical shows APD has good sensitivity then PIN. please verify my statements.

MUKESH KUMAR GUPTA
      Participant

hello all

Please need some help. here i attached image of setup file of optisystem 13 by comparison of APD or PIN receiver sensitivity analysis. here I got

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi Mukesh,
      The APD receiver needs lots of effects effect to be considered such as temperature, the incident intensity of light, because of avalanche multiplication i.e. carrier generation. whereas in the case of PIN the switching speed can be enhanced by a small minority carrier lifetime. so without seeing at the parameters that you have considered for the APD the exact reason can not be determined.

Regards,
      Dhiman Kakati

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.