Home Forums GENERAL Physical importance of Fork component

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Aadil Raza
      Participant

Dear All,

Can we use fork as an acceptable component in a system or we have to use splitter in the system for practical realization?

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi aadil qae,
      splitter divides the power, for example 10mW if given to 1to 4 spliter each output of spliter is gets 2.5 mW power,

however fork replicates the input to each of its output i.e 10 mW power to each of its output,

practically we have splitter but i guess forks are not present in practical scnario.

with regards

Aadil Raza
      Participant

Thanks for reply then for a practical system I think we cannot use fork because in reality we have to split power instead of making its multiple copies using fork…is it so?

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi aadil,
      As far as i am concerned i think you can only implement it in a scenario where you are considering your system to respond ideally. You rightly mentioned of producing copies of signals which is not the case as far as practical scenario is concerned. I would suggest to use splitter only and try to optimize the performance using splitter only.
      Regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

yeah, aadil qau,
      for simulation purposes , it will be burden for use similar type of CWlaser with same characteristics for different purposes and set them individually will be tedious,

we just take one laser source and fork this source to different modulator or any other application as per our need,there we have to set only one laser source.

with regards

Aadil Raza
      Participant

Thanks dears

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

hi all.
      what is fork used for? can i use it to divide my signal into different paths.?
      i am designing a simple transmitter receiver system. can i give signal to many receivers using fork. somebody suggest please.
      thanking in advance to all

Aabid Baba
        Participant

Hello sahil singh,
        As far as i am concerned you can use fork in your system to multiplicate your original signal into many duplicate copies as aadil has mentioned rightly.
        And as far as your requirement is concerned you can easily do it for your system but then also you need to optimize your system for better performance at the output. I hope you find it helpful.
        Regards

umer syed
      Participant

hi aadil qau, and others,
      thanks for great explanation by aasif,

i surely the use of power divider in practical snario,but i still have the confusion regarding the practical use of the fork.

pls clear this for me,attach some evidence wiith this regard.

with regards

Aabid Baba
        Participant

Hi umer,
        There is nothing so complicated about the usage of fork. As mentioned in above comments it is a signal duplication component.
        Well here i would like to mention that we can use it in practical scenario also ever if we require duplicate signals may be not now but definitely in future for some system requirement.

Regards

Aadil Raza
      Participant

Fork is just use for generating as many copies of a signal as you want. for example if you have one CW laser source then instead of using multiple CW laser source for a system you can simply use fork for getting the same effect.

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi aadil qau,
      you are welcome
      you got that right..

with regards

ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

HI all….
      i am very thankful to all especially AAsif bashir DAr and Aabid Baba for explaining this topic.It is very helpful indeed.

Aabid Baba
        Participant

Hello zulkarnain,
        you are welcome anytime. Discussions are always welcome.
        cheers

hi All

Thanks a lot i also had the same confusion.So fork duplicates the signal with same power in both the outputs, whereas the splitter splits the incoming signal into number of outputs. in case of splitter if the input power is 10mW then the output of 1:2 splitter would be 5mw each . but in case of fork the output is 10mW each as it duplicates rather than splitting.

Regards

Burhan

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.