Home Forums FDTD Photonic crystals

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Manish Raghuwanshi
      Participant

Sir,
      Can we create a Photonic crystal structure with rectangular shaped rods, or metallic rods with the capping of any other metals?
      A picture of the simulation area is attached below, I want to change the shape of these rods from circular or elliptical to any other shape.

Attachments:
      Aurelien Duval
      Participant

Hi,

Yes you can change the shape of the rods. For this, simply double-click on your crystal to bring up the crystal lattice properties dialog and go to “Atom Waveguides in Unit Cell” area. You can pick a shape from the drop-down menu and click “add”. Don’t forget to remove the old one (delete button).

To realize a capping, you will have to modify the 3D profile of the waveguide. This can be done in the profiles and materials editor. See the documentation for more details.

Kyoung Youl Park
      Participant

How about the woodpile PBG structure? Can I draw the woodpile?

Aurelien Duval
      Participant

Hi,

Yes it can!

See the attached example

Attachments:
      sama
      Participant

hi,
      i am working on the crystal photonics non-lineair aperiodic; can i use optiwave for this case !!!

thanks.

Aurelien Duval
      Participant

Hi,

Can you define more ‘aperiodic’? For a crystal, you need some sort of periodicity. We can handle nonlinearities, can you be more specific on which type you are interested into?

Thanks

sama
      Participant

Hi,

crystal photonic non lineaire aperiodic, it means with diffrente period (irregulaire structure) we change the period of the structure, so can i use opiwave for this purpose !!!

i have put a picture of the structure
      Thanks you for your answer

Attachments:
      Aurelien Duval
      Participant

You can use OptiFDTD to model this crystal.
      The only thing is that you have to define the layers by hand (without using the photonic crystal tool) or using our script language. You also cannot use the PWE band solver to find bandgaps on this type of structure since it relies on the photonic crystal tool.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.