Home Forums FDTD Photonic Band Gap

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Tamer Saleh
      Participant

Can any one help me
      I want to draw the PBG for the structure shown. I do all my best to reach to the same result and I am taken in my consideration the scaling factor (a) but the results not confirmed.

plz help me quickly.

Attachments:
      Tamer Saleh
      Participant

I attached the paper to check if there any missing to help

Tamer Saleh
      Participant

My design attached

Attachments:
      Tamer Saleh
      Participant

Paper for the design considered

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

Tamer,

Here are two ways to do this.

1) You can turn off individual cells by accessing them from the Crystal Properties box, right click the PBG and edit it.

2) You can draw waveguides that have the same refractive index as the background material to override the crystal, very easy to do.

Attached are some pictures of how I did it with the attached project file.

Tamer Saleh
        Participant

Hi Damian,

Till now i wait for your help if you can because all my application I want to do not confirmed with the published papers. I tried all my effort to change any thing related to the structure. I think there is a mystery to adjust the source setting. Can you check my design again.

Thanks

Attachments:
      Tamer Saleh
      Participant

Thank you Damian,

I made what you told for the structure, but from my knowledge that the PBG was drawn before building the structure to discriminate the gap and pass windows.

Another thing when i build the structure as shown in the attached paper one figure confirmed and the other not. I am attached the structure after build it. For my application I want to let one input exist (high) and the other (low)!!!!!
      please help me to do this.

Thanks again for your reply,
      Tamer

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

I am not sure I understand what your question is. You can enable one Input plane and disable the other one from it’s properties box to get a “low” input.

Tamer Saleh
      Participant

Hi Damian,
      I made your steps but till now the results not confirmed with that in the attached paper.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.