Home Forums SYSTEM Photodiode

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Please go through the attached snapshot, unable to understand how to make the connections,
      Red line for optical and blue line for eletrical domain.

With regards

Attachments:
      alistu
      Participant

Hi Dhiman,

With regard to the system snapshot you have attached in the other topics, I think the image is related to coherent optical detection, so OC stands for optical coupler in here. I have attached an image which depicts how you can make the connections for coherent detection. Use one for I signal and one for Q signal.

Regards.

Attachments:
      Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Thanks alistu, Hope it will definitely help me. Hope to get more help in future.

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome Dhamin. Let me know if it helps.

Ashu verma
      Participant

Agree with Alisthu,you can check the tutorials and you can easily get help.Check the link,optiwave examples like DPSK and DQPSK used this type of detection

Advanced Modulation Formats

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Thanks alistu and sam sung.

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome Dhiman. I have used pin photodetectors in my snapshot. You can act according to the paper whose results you are trying to reproduce. You can also use the “optical Coherent QAM receiver’ component from Optisystem library. In that case, you will not need a CW laser and you get to choose the type of photodetector in the component properties.

Ashu verma
      Participant

Welcome Dhiman,you have raised some good issues.Keep it up and help other members too.

MHD NA
      Participant

Hi Dhiman Kakati; i think your attached snapshot doesn’t work in optisystem by the shown manner so you should follow the snapshot attached by alistu.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Thanks namera, I will try it.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.