Home Forums SYSTEM Photodetector.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      LALIT VERMA
      Participant

Sir

how do i change the value of resistance in the pin diode.using the optisystem 13.

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

Hi Lalit, you mean in the PIN Photodiode Component? Which resistance do you need to change, load resistance?

alistu
      Participant

Hi Lalit,

I think the value 50 Ohms that has been assigned for the PIN photodetectors is more or less chosen due to same reason as why this value is used in mircowave communications. The physical explanation states something about light entering an area with a different refractive index that the area light has been in before and load resistance being calculated so. So it makes sense if there is no option for changing it in Optisystem.

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

Hi alitsu, I understand your point, but for example CATV applications use 75ohm impedance, so why cannot we change this value in Optisystem?

alistu
        Participant

Hi Alessandro, I think you have a point. After all, load resistance is there in the properties part. If its value cannot be changed, its current value should have better been mentioned in the help section so as not to raise a question as to whether or not it can be changed. Now it is somehow misleading.

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

Maybe the possibility to change the load resistance will be added in future releases?
      Damian: can you please give feedback on this point?

Thanks,

Alessandro

Damian Marek
        Participant

The load resistance is used to calculate the thermal noise and also bandwidth of the PIN. If you set the thermal noise calculation to Calculated instead of Defined you will be able to modify its value.

Alessandro Festa
          Participant

Thanks Damian for clarifying this!

Taiwo Ambali Abiola
          Participant

Thanks Damia for the useful response

Ravil
          Participant

Thank you very much for your clarification, Damian! It is a very useful for one of the questions that I had before but never had a chance to ask. Thanks again!

Ashu verma
      Participant

Hi Alessandro,I think optispice would be better to vary the resistance of photodetector.I am not sure about the change of resistance in optisystem 13.Thank you Lalit for your this question.Hope we see this function in future version of optisystm

LALIT VERMA
      Participant

Thanks and regards sir
      To all of you. the replies cleared my problem.

Gurpreet Kaur
      Participant

is it possible to change resistance in ver7 of optisystem?

alistu
      Participant

Hi Gurpreet,

I don’t have access to version 7, but I think you can easily find out by doing what Damian mentioned and see if it can be changed or not.

Cheers!

Gurpreet Kaur
      Participant

there is no such option of ‘calculated’ or ‘defined’ for thermal noise…
      so any other way to do this?

alistu
        Participant

Unfortunately, I don’t have access to Optisystem version 7. I am currently using version 13.0.3 trial. But I am curious to know. Do you happen to have any Optiwave links where I can download a trial of the v.7? As far as I know, the links related to older versions of Optisystem are replaced by the new version link.

Gurpreet Kaur
      Participant

i cudnt findthe link for v7.

Ashu verma
      Participant

Hi Gurpreet first of all you cannot change the resistance value in optisystem 7.i couldnt found any options as directed by Damian.si it is clear for resistance variation you have to switch to latest version.Alisthu i dont think optisystem 7 is now you get over internet.however if you need urgently then someone may provide you over mail.Even i can if u need

alistu
        Participant

Thank you very much for helping Gurpreet with his problem. Also, I appreciate your offer to help, but I am not in an urgent need for the version7. I just wanted to find Gurpreet’s answer. Besides, I guess by going through the pdfs on “Optisystem new features” I can find more about the changes in the software, which I am curious about. Thanks again.

Gurpreet Kaur
      Participant

ok thank you samsung for the information…

Ashu verma
      Participant

Welcome Gurpreet and Alisthu.In case you need let me know,but it is better to use latest one with more advsnced features and for fast processings.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.