Home Forums GENERAL Phase Modulator – NRZ pulse generator

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Ayesha Jamal

I am so confused that how the voltage is given from NRZ to Phase modulator? is there any visualizer to show the exact voltage given as an input to phase modulator? Also, can we make our own phase modulator with the help of MATLAB or optisystem itself? Plus, which other voltage supply can I use for the phase modulator in my system attached below?

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Ayesha,
      the equation used in the PM component can be found in the datasheet of the component (attached). Your electrical signal is the voltage controlling signal to the PM. it can be normalized between 0 and 1 if you enable the related field in the component properties window. The output signal is an optical signal and can be viewed using the Optical Time Domain Visualizer. This optical signal is going to be modulated by the MZM. I am not sure why you are using this configuration in the design. It looks incorrect to me.
      Yes, you may use the Matlab component in OptiSystem to design your modulator. You need to make sure that the signal structure is correct in the Matlab code. Please refer to the documentation for guidance on using the Matlab component.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Ayesha,
      the equation used in the PM component can be found in the datasheet of the component (attached). Your electrical signal is the voltage controlling signal to the PM. it can be normalized between 0 and 1 if you enable the related field in the component properties window. The output signal is an optical signal and can be viewed using the Optical Time Domain Visualizer. This optical signal is going to be modulated by the MZM. I am not sure why you are using this configuration in the design. It looks incorrect to me.
      Yes, you may use the Matlab component in OptiSystem to design your modulator. You need to make sure that the signal structure is correct in the Matlab code. Please refer to the documentation for guidance on using the Matlab component.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Elisa Crews

Oh right. Can you please point out what exactly is incorrect in this system? It will be quite helpful.
      I am simulating a homodyne QKD system for KMB09 protocol so I want to know where the problem exactly is because i am not getting the required output anyway. (Attaching the receiver side as well)
      Thanks alot.

Elisa Crews

Oh right. Can you please point out what exactly is incorrect in this system? It will be quite helpful.
      I am simulating a homodyne QKD system for KMB09 protocol so I want to know where the problem exactly is because i am not getting the required output anyway. (Attaching the receiver side as well)
      Thanks alot.

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Ayesha,
      This is a new layout which is different from the one you’ve sent earlier and I commented on its correctness.
      Typically, we offer 30-days license to prospects to try the software and decide to buy it or not. It is not a free service.
      We need to get valid license to provide support.
      You may email info@optiwave.com to get quote. There is special price to academia.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Ayesha,
      This is a new layout which is different from the one you’ve sent earlier and I commented on its correctness.
      Typically, we offer 30-days license to prospects to try the software and decide to buy it or not. It is not a free service.
      We need to get valid license to provide support.
      You may email info@optiwave.com to get quote. There is special price to academia.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Elisa Crews

Thanks a lot sir.

Elisa Crews

Thanks a lot sir.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.