Home Forums GENERAL parameter specification

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mengchao Ma
      Participant

hello everyone
      Is there any reference information about the attenched picture?
      what are these items mean? you know,i’m beginner.

Aanchal bura
      Participant

for this i think you should take help of optisystem tutorials or by double click on the ber analyser in visualizer library you will get the information about ber analyser or by doble click on any component information regarding that component will open up

Mengchao Ma
      Participant

hi,Aanchal bura
      thank you for your replying and i have got it,but i do not know what’s the item of penalty mean and at what situation.
      wahoo,my english is poor,there is any trouble to you.thanks again

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi Mengchao Ma,
      Those parameters are for viewing purpose. You will see these parameters just below the component after simulation runs if you tick those. No need to set any of these value..

Regards,
      Dhiman

Mengchao Ma
        Participant

hi Dhiman Kakati
        that’s to say those parameters are defaulted in optisystem, so i don’t need.but,in the 2D graph of the report window,the value of eye opening factor vs Q factor is zero after simulation running. and other penalty items are also zero,so i think whether i can set a reference value(self-defined) to them for making them isn’t zero,and whether the penalty reference value is concluded from back-to-back system.thanks a lot and attenched my simulation model.oh my model isn’t permitted mainly because the software version is 2007,i’m sorry to that.
        with regards
        mengchao

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
          Participant

In OptiSystem every parameter is not user accessible. In the 2D plot in report tab, I also faced the same because. There are some parameters that are calculated fro the other one, so the graph is not as per expectation.

Mengchao Ma
          Participant

ok,tkank you very much
          my teacher tell me that i can use the consenquence of the Q factor to explaining my model.but i want to try doing what i thought.so do you know how to import the date from the other one to mine ,or have some url i can use? really very sorry.
          regards,
          mengchao

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.