Home Forums SYSTEM OWC

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      mabrok
      Participant

Hi

Is the feature of optical wireless(ex.Infrared) available in Optisystem?

Regards

Damian Marek
      Participant

Yes, we have two components which model wireless links. The FSO and OWC components.

Deepanshu sharma
      Participant

Can you please tell me the modelling behind optisystem FSO component ??.. how it will work when we use 6 WDM transmitted input and then pass it through FSO channel ??

alistu
        Participant

Hi Deepanshu,

The information regarding modelling of the OptiSystem FSO component has been mentioned in the technical background part in the help section in the component properties. There you can see how the FSO parameters contribute, and the references based on which the modelling has been done are also mentioned.

Regards

mabrok
      Participant

Hi, Regarding OWC, do u have path loss estimations?

alistu
        Participant

Hi Mabrok,

In both FSO channel component and OWC component the channel loss can be taken into consideration by setting a value for it in the component properties. There you can see “attenuation” parameter expressed in dB/km. If you don’t change the value, the components would go with their default values.

Regards

prakash jat
      Participant

can we have focusing lens component through matlab component in owc channel,or direct? component in optisystem

alistu
        Participant

Hi Prakash,

You can create any component using Matlab component and the related Matlab code. But there are two lens components available in OptiSystem as far as I know: Vortex lens component and thin lens component. These two components are placed in the passive folder in the multimode library of OptiSystem.

Regards

prakash jat
      Participant

hi alistu
      can we use vortex and thin lens in owc or is it designed for multimode fiber ?
      Regards

alistu
        Participant

The component is designed for multimode systems and I did not find any explanations in the help section suggesting it can only be used in multimode fibers. So I think you can use it there. However, I hope someone with more experience on this would also help you here by confirming what I mentioned.

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Prakash..
      Have you used the lens in your FSO system? Did it bring any change in the results where in your had not used the lens?

Regards.

prakash jat
      Participant

hi naaazira

welcome to owc link design
      i used lens in multimode section ( mm tx —- channel—- lens— mm rx)but there is no change in ber ( whatever value i select),
      if you try for matlab then it may be one solution

regards

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Prakash.. Thanks a lot for replying.

I am working on FSO channel based system and I haven’t used any lens explicitly. Hence I wanted to know if the performance improves by making use of those.

Well actually the FSO channel itself models tx and rx telescopes wherein lens would be incorporated itself. That’s why I think addition of a lens system explicitly makes no difference.

Regards.

Naazira Badar
      Participant

And Prakash, Could you please elaborate on what exactly is a multimode section in OWC?

regards.

prakash jat
      Participant

hi naazira………welocome

you are correct in case of single mode laser but when you use spatial laser then how can we reduce spot size( i mean FSO telescope does’t reduce spot size because it is not modeled as spatial feature) so ultimately FSO component dosn’t reducing spot size, so solution is that use matlab lens.

let me know if it does

prakash jat
      Participant

i am attaching demo file , please obeserve two thing

1. spot size
      2. BER

after that tell me , what wrong with that software

prakash jat
      Participant

sorry for delay

optisystem doesn’t provide spatial feature in FSO component

Attachments:
      prakash jat
      Participant

so you can reduce your spot size through thin lens
      if you want to obeserve this spot size at Rx Telescope then see profile of Sushank choudhary , i think , he made matlab code for spatial feature visulization

let me konw what do you get

prakash jat
      Participant

My one more question from optisytem group that how to model spatial feature in matlab, is there any demo file?

alistu
        Participant

Hi Prakash,

Even though the discussion in the following forum page is rather general, but since it is an answer to a question regarding creating spatioal modes using Matlab component, I suggest you just have a look to see if it can be of any help:

Matlab Co-Simulation

Regards

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Prakash..
      Could you please tell me which LASER from the Optical Sources library have you used in this system?
      Also,Could you please tell me which version of Optiwave have you used for the file you have attached above?

I have optisystem 14.0. And I seem to have some issues with opening files of the lower version.

Regards.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.