Home Forums SYSTEM OSNR vs BER and Constellation diagram in DP CO OFDM

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      M VINOTH KUMAR
      Participant

Hi everyone, I am trying to simulate the Polarization Combiner example given in Optisystem. I got a proper constellation at the receiver side and to observe OSNR vs BER in this system, I added an OSNR component by sweeping its parameters, but min. log of BER value is constantly showed -1000.
      Then I replaced PRBS with a BER TEST SET component. In this case, I get variation in BER with respect to OSNR, but the EYE diagram is not proper. Also osnr vs ber is not received correctly.

I referred to other OFDM examples also. Without OFDM (QAM examples), we can add a DSP component (OptiSystem 18.0 SamplesAdvanced modulation systemsQAM systems). But the DSP component can not be added in the OFDM system I think.

Ultimately I need to get OSNR vs BER and also proper constellation at the receiver in OFDM system. Kindly help me.

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Vinoth,
      You need to make sure that the signal types from the output of one component to the input of the next component matches.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Vinoth,
      You need to make sure that the signal types from the output of one component to the input of the next component matches.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.