Home Forums GENERAL OSNR calculation for cascade OXC interconnections

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Ravil
      Participant

Dear Optiwave team and forum members,

I am working on mathematical method of OSNR calculation for long-haul WDM system with cascades of OXC interconnections. This model considers coherent and non-coherent cross-talk noise induced in OXC with appropriate changes in OSNR calculation given by ITU-T recommendations. Since there is no recommendation was issued for this case until now (as far as I know) looking for the most recent papers according to this research topic.

Ravil
      Participant

Please, let me know if you are familiar with this topic and if you have any ideas about similar papers (just links for them according to the forum rules). Any help is appreciated!!!

alistu
        Participant

Hi Ravil,

I am not familiar with the topic but thanks to your topic I found the chance to look up the subject. I did a cursory search and found some papers published by IEEE in 2014 and 2013 regarding performance evaluation of WDM optical cross-connect systems. Have you taken a look at them?

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

Hi Ravil, I work a lot with OSNR calculations, but only with noise intoruced by EDFAs and Raman lasers…so I don’t think I can be of any help for your particular topic.
      Good luck with your research!

Alessandro

Ravil
        Participant

Hi, Alessandro! I appreciate your willing to help! I understand that it’s hard to advise something specific when you didn’t do any research in this area. Since, as you’ve mentioned, it’s not your topic, I will discuss my question with the other forum members. Thank you for trying and explaining me your research topic!

Alessandro Festa
          Participant

You are welcome Ravil! I will follow in any case this thread to see if I can help or learn something new!

alistu
      Participant

Here is the link to an ieeexplore search on the subject:

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/search/searchresult.jsp?queryText=wdm%20oxc&sortType=desc_p_Publication_Year&searchField=Search_All

Could you please tell us which papers in particular are of your interest so that everyone willing to help would concentrate on them?

Ravil
        Participant

Hi Alistu,

Thank you for your reply and willing to help. I will review your given link more thoroughly and will definitely let you and other members know about the papers that I would like to concentrate on. Thanks again!

alistu
          Participant

You’re welcome, Ravil! Glad to be of any help. And thanks for introducing the interesting WDM OXC subject to the forum.

Ravil
      Participant

Dear alistu,

According to my topic, the following papers are the most of my interest: Suvarna S. Patil#1 , Bharat S. Chaudhar “CROSSTALK AWARE WAVELENGTH ASSIGNMENT IN STATIC WAVELENGTH ROUTING”; Md. Shahriar Zaman Noor, Zabed Iqbal, Z.H. Sikder “Performance Evaluation due to Crosstalk in a WDM System using Multi-stage Optical Cross-connect based on FBG-OC” and Xiangnong Wu, Chao Lu, Member, IEEE, Z. Ghassemlooy, and Yixin Wang “Evaluation of Intraband Crosstalk in an FBG–OC-Based Optical Cross Connect”.

Ravil
      Participant

First two papers are ones the most recent and the last one is one of the first and basics. In my study, I am doing and analysis of coherent and non-coherent influence of cross-talk and trying to define the maximum number of OXC for different system design. Please, let me know if you have/know any other papers relevant to this topic.

alistu
        Participant

Thank you for the explanations and clarifying the subject even more. I will definitely let you know if I find any relevant papers to the topic. In the meantime, would you kindly introduce me a good review paper, or even better a comprehensive tutorial on this topic? I am new to the whole subject. Thanks a lot.

Ravil
      Participant

Dear Alistu,

I am sorry for a long waiting time for my reply. I was really busy with all my travels in a past month. I am not sure if you were able to find any relevant papers about the subject of our previous discussion yet. However, here are some main papers that I considered in this research: “Terabit Transmission at 42.7-Gb/s on 50-GHz Grid Using Hybrid RZ-DQPSK and NRZ-DBPSK Formats Over 16 80 km SSMF Spans and 4 Bandwidth-Managed ROADMs”, “Optical Path Aggregation for 1-Tb/s Transmission in Spectrum-Sliced Elastic Optical Path Network”.

Ravil
      Participant

The other papers that I considered for the discussed topic are following: “Spectral and Energy Efficiency Considerations in Mixed-Line Rate WDM Networks with Signal Quality Guarantee” Aleksejs Udalcovs, Paolo Monti, Vjaceslavs Bobrovs, Richard Schatz**, et al. Institute of Telecommunications, Riga Technical University; “QPSK wvith Coherent Detection over Ultra-Long Distance Improved by Nonlinearity Mitigation” Gabried Chariet, Alcatel Lucent Research & Innovation.

Ravil
      Participant
      alistu
      Participant

Thank you very much for your suggestions Ravil. I appreciate your help. However, the papers you have introduced are not apparently any reviews or tutorials. Do you commend them to someone who has not worked in the area before, to get familiar with the basic fundamental ideas of the subject? Thank a lot again for your help.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.