Home Forums SYSTEM OSNR adjustment

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Rana A.
      Participant

hello every one
      how i can adjust the OSNR in the optisystem 7 program as i used the 16qam example from the samples?
      thanks in advance

Ahmad Atieh

Hello Rana,
      Which example did you use for 16QAM? Typically, there is a component in OptiSystem that can be used to setup the OSNR, which is called “Set OSNR”. You may find it at Default/Transmitters Library/optical Sources/
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Rana A.
      Participant

Dear sir Ahmed,
      I used the QAM model existed in the examples and change the bits per symbol and added a continuous laser and the MZM and the fiber channel, but I didn’t find the ‘Set OSNR’ block.
      is Set OSNR block not in the optisystem 7 program?
      I attached the osd model

Rana A.
      Participant

there is a problem in loading the osd file so i attached two figures one for the model and the other one for the content in the optisystem 7 Default/Transmitters Library/optical Sources/

Attachments:
      Ahmad Atieh

Hello Rana,
      version 7 of OptiSystem is a cracked version, which optiwave doesn’t support. However, you may use EDFA block and build your noise source to control the OSNR. You need to have OSA to measure the OSNR to the proper value.

You may download the 30-days trail version of OptiSystem and try to build your project.

regards,
      Ahmad

Rana A.
      Participant

i will download the trial version
      thanks for your answer Dr ahmed

Fx Yang
      Participant

(Awaiting moderation)

Fx Yang
      Participant

(Awaiting moderation)

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.