Home Forums SYSTEM optiwave simulation

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Salwa Mostafa
      Participant

how can i convert results obtained from simulation of project in optiwave to draw the relationship between BER and distance or datarate
      as in figure 2, 3, 4 in attached paper

Jaffar Emad Kadum
      Participant

Hi Salwa,

It is very simple, you can use parameter sweep to change the value of the parameter of a component as you desired and as this parameter is changing the BER also will be changed and you can use the report option in OPTISYSTEM to draw the graph or you can use any engineering program such as MATLAB to draw these data.

In this Example a very detailed explanation of your question, it plots the variation of input power vs BER

Lesson 4: Parameter Sweeps — BER x Input Power

Hope this helps!

Salwa Mostafa
      Participant

Hi jaffar

Thanks for your help.

but i have a problem in drawing when i try to drag object to the 2D graph X-axis. its closed like in atttached image

Can you tell me how i can do that using matlab ?

Thanks in advance

Attachments:
      Jaffar Emad Kadum
      Participant

you can get the data you obtained by drag the object to the report workplace as shown in the image and then use it in any other program.

Attachments:
      Jaffar Emad Kadum
      Participant

Try to plot it a gain, i do not know why it is closed. Please note you can change the curve properties because it takes the dotted default form, by clicking right click on the plot and then item properties.

Salwa Mostafa
      Participant

thanks very much jaffar for your help

Joseph Jiang
      Participant

I had the same question as you.it is because that the soft is not compaitable with you operation system

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.