Home Forums GENERAL Optisystem Version 14-13 Compatibility

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Tony Jose
      Participant

It is known that versions 7, 12 and 13 are not backward compatible. But upon installing V.14, I seriously thought I can open V.14 files in V.13 this time at least. I did some work in V.14 and when I sent that over to people with version 13 only they cannot open it. Is there any way around other than redrawing? Or is it just for me? It shows some “failed to load document from storage error“.

Hi Tony,

Well this problem has been faced by number of people. The osd files designed in version 14 might not open in the lower versions which is common in most of the cases people have come across. I would suggest you to contact the optiwave team in this regard for further inquiries at support@optiwave.com. I hope that will help you.

Regards

Burhan

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Tony Jose,
      I agree with Burhan Num Mina llah. This has been an issue with numerous people. I think you have no other option than redesign your system again. I hope this is helpful.
      Regards

Fady
      Participant

Hi Tony,

Optisystem is not backward compatible. Older versions will not open new osd files

Karan Ahuja
      Spectator

Hi Tony

I agree with all. I too would suggest you to contact the optiwave team support@optiwave.com in this regard.
      Hope it will be helpful.

Thanks

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello,

I can’t agree more with all the replies. It is clear that there are compatibility issues among older and newer versions of Optisystem tool. It would be a nice job if optiwave support team takes care of this problem at earliest. I hope we don’t face such an issue in future . Thanking you.

Best regards

Hello Everyone,

Yes it indeed is matter of concern because in using newer versions we have to redesign the whole thing and sometimes it is very hectic process. I hope we do really see a change in this regard atleast in future.

Best Wishes

Burhan

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi Burhan Num Mina llah,
      I completely agree with your point. This has been some issue for some time now. I second you on this. Hope the compatibility issue is absolved soon.

Regards

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.