Home Forums GENERAL Optisystem software for Phd research work

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Kam
      Participant

Hi. can a phd student use Optisystem for his/her research work ? or is optisystem not suitable for phd research? it is only for Masters and Bachelor level? I totally disagree with this but my examiner just said this to me and i am really concerned as i am half way to my phd research and have done every simulation in optisystem. And now they say i better have used matlab. So i really want to know if there are other phd researchers using solely optisystem software for there work?
      Thank you. Please do reply.

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Kam,
      OptiSystem is used by academia for up-to-date research. It is also used by military, Industry and governmental institutions. Students uses it for their PhD research as well for other degrees. OptiSystem models can be used for all fibers, modules, devices and components that are used in photonics and optical domain telecommunication simulations. OptiSystem has a Matlab component and python components that can allow users to integrate any additional models to OptiSystem and simulate them cohesively.
      If your supervisor needs more information he/she can contact me at the following coordinates. I’ll pass him many recent publications in very reputable journals.
      What is the name of your university? Who is your supervisor?
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh, Ph.D.
      Director – Optical Systems
      Optiwave Systems Inc.
      7 Capella Court
      Ottawa, Ontario
      Canada
      K2E 7X1
      ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com
      Tel: 613 224 4700 EXT 243
      http://www.optiwave.com

University of Ottawa
      Adjunct Professor, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
      SUNLAB Core Facility
      Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
      ahmad.atieh@uottawa.ca

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.