Home Forums SYSTEM optisystem script

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      mohammed hosni
      Participant

please i need to change the default value from normal to script for dispersion ,i need to know how to write script program,please i need your help

Ravil
      Participant

Hi mohammed,

The script mode is available for OptiSystem components. According to your question about dispersion, you can access the script program mode by changing a dialog box of your fiber to the “script” mode. In that mode you can set up an equation for your dispersion calculation. In this case the other parameters of your layout will define the value of fiber dispersion that you will have. Therefore, you can avoid redefining your parameters manually.

Ravil
      Participant

For general understanding, I can also recommend you to take a look at the Optiwave Tutorials manual where you can find the lesson #8 “Dispersion compensation using subsystems and scripting”.

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

I add that scripts for dispersion are very useful for 100G DP-QPSK, for example in the receivers for multiple channels so that you can tune the DSP dispersion compensation based on the received wavelength.

mohammed hosni
      Participant

can you send me any data describe the optisystem script

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

Hi Mohammed, you can find some info in the documentation provided with OptiSystem, for example the pdf named OptiSystem_User_Reference.pdf

mohammed hosni
      Participant

thank you Mr Alessandro

Alessandro Festa
        Participant

You are welcome Mohammed, it was my pleasure to help you in your use with OptiSystem!

mohammed hosni
      Participant

Hi Mr Ravil please i need your help for sending me “Dispersion compensation using subsystems and scripting” manual as i cannot find it .

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Mohammed,

Alessandro sent you a direct link where you can get that tutorial. You can also find and download a pdf version of that lesson from there.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.