Home Forums GENERAL optisystem sampling

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      arjina kryul

Respected sir
      Please help I want to generate an electrical Radio Signal (that can be a wireless signal, …), then I want to optically sample this signal
      and then process each sample using active-mode-locked-fiber-laser.

help needed

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Arjina,
      Please refer to the different examples in the Example Library of OptiSystem on these topics. There are examples on RoF and active mode-locked lasers. Please note that the signals either electrical or optical are sampled signal and the signal generated by Mode-locked laser is noise signal which you can be converted to sampled signal using the components in Default/Signal Processing Library/Tools/Optical or Default/Signal Processing Library/Tools/Electrical.

Regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Arjina,
      Please refer to the different examples in the Example Library of OptiSystem on these topics. There are examples on RoF and active mode-locked lasers. Please note that the signals either electrical or optical are sampled signal and the signal generated by Mode-locked laser is noise signal which you can be converted to sampled signal using the components in Default/Signal Processing Library/Tools/Optical or Default/Signal Processing Library/Tools/Electrical.

Regards,
      Ahmad

Respected sir
      I am very grateful for your quick response, I will definitely remember you for this help.I am new to this area but hungry to learn.Please can you explain?
      Q1. I need to optically sample an analog signal in optisystem,
      Is it possible to do this?

Q2.If possible then please share with me the component name or schematic so that i can do.

Because i have not found any article related to optical sampling using Optiwave.

Thank you in advance for helping Ahmad sir.

Respected sir
      I am very grateful for your quick response, I will definitely remember you for this help.I am new to this area but hungry to learn.Please can you explain?
      Q1. I need to optically sample an analog signal in optisystem,
      Is it possible to do this?

Q2.If possible then please share with me the component name or schematic so that i can do.

Because i have not found any article related to optical sampling using Optiwave.

Thank you in advance for helping Ahmad sir.

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Arjina,
      please refer to the example (DP-16 QAM example with ADC.osd) located at the following link in OptiSystem Example Library for guidance on the ADC, which can be used for sampling and quantizing an analog signal.
      C:UsersUSER NAMEDocumentsOptiSystem 18.0 SamplesComponent sample filesSignal Processing LibraryToolsElectrical
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Arjina,
      please refer to the example (DP-16 QAM example with ADC.osd) located at the following link in OptiSystem Example Library for guidance on the ADC, which can be used for sampling and quantizing an analog signal.
      C:UsersUSER NAMEDocumentsOptiSystem 18.0 SamplesComponent sample filesSignal Processing LibraryToolsElectrical
      Regards,
      Ahmad

https://www.google.com/amp/s/optiwave.com/download-1/active-mode-locked-fiber-laser/%3famp

Sir why this is not working in Optisystem 18.0. I want to make passive or active mode lock laser how to make please guide Ahmad sir.
      You are the only hope for my project

https://www.google.com/amp/s/optiwave.com/download-1/active-mode-locked-fiber-laser/%3famp

Sir why this is not working in Optisystem 18.0. I want to make passive or active mode lock laser how to make please guide Ahmad sir.
      You are the only hope for my project

Sir please share DP 16 QAM because according to you I don’t have such file.

Sir please share DP 16 QAM because according to you I don’t have such file.

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Arjina,
      please email me at ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com to discuss further.
      You need to increase the index of the visualizer to be able to see the output of the laser. Check first the Iterations parameter in the Signals tab of the main layout properties. Based on the value you need to increase the index of the OSA visualizer to be able to view the signal.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Arjina,
      please email me at ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com to discuss further.
      You need to increase the index of the visualizer to be able to see the output of the laser. Check first the Iterations parameter in the Signals tab of the main layout properties. Based on the value you need to increase the index of the OSA visualizer to be able to view the signal.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.