Home Forums GENERAL Optisystem – matlab

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Dhanush Padman
      Participant

Hi, I am using User Defined Bit Sequence Generator in my project. What is the maximum number of bits (SEQUENCE LENGTH) i can accomodate in the User Defined Bit Sequence Generator?. I am converting an image into binary and storing those binaries in a dat file.. that dat file contains about 512*512*8 bits of binaries. (My dat file contains about (2097152) two million and ninty seven thousands of zeros and ones). Can Optisystem be able to process such huge amount of data? I have changed the layout parameters sequence length to 2097152 and while running the osd file my PC gets hanged.. How to solve this issue? please help me in this one

Hi Dhanush,
      Usually in all numerical calculation methods, there are relations between different global parameters. For example the temporal window and the spectral window, the number of samples and the step size in time domain and frequency domain.. and so on. Without these relations, numerical errors and accuracy are huge. sometimes the results do not make sense.
      It is very important to see the above point.
      let use come back to your question. the sequence length is related to the Bit rate and the Time window, as written in the manual of the global parameters. So when you changes the sequence length to this huge number (2097152, which is ok for me) either the Time window or the Bit rate changed accordingly based on which one you forced their value to be based on your choice (from the selection in Simulation window). so for example, if you select ” set bit rate” in the “Simulation window” and left it to its default value “10e+009”, then when you change the sequence length to (2097152) you will find the “Time window” becomes “0.0002097152 s” which is very wide window so consequently the frequency window will be very very narrow!!
      All these changes will affect the numerical calculations, this might be the reason of the program hanging.

I wanted to describe to you the above points to clarify the issue. Hope it is clear now.

I suggest you to adjust the Bit rate and the time window values in such a way make the calculation reasonable with this huge sequence length.
      (BTW, I noticed that your sequence number is 2^21 which is good to have it in such a way that can be represented as 2 to the power integer! )

please let me know if the above discussion is useful to go further with your project or not.

Best regards,
      Mohamed Abouseif

Dhanush Padman
      Participant

Hi Mohamed Abouseif,
      The above solution you provided helped me and I solved that problem

Dhanush Padman
      Participant

Hi Mohamed Abouseif,
      Sir, I now face a problem in MATLAB Component.. I was working in my pc (Windows 8.1 OS). I have both matlab(2014 version) and optisystem 14.0… While including matlab file (.m file) in MATLAB Component, it was included successfully and i was able to run my osd file successfully.. Now i am working in my friend’s pc (Windows 10 OS). He has both matlab(2014 version) and optisystem 14.0… While including the matlab file (.m file) in MATLAB Component, it was included but I cannot able to run the osd file. It showed me this error..
      CIDF Scheduler:ERROR OCCURED WHILE CALCULATING MATLAB COMPONENT..
      ERROR IN MATLAB COMPONENT.. ERROR LOADING MATLAB ENGINE..
      CALCULATION FAILED

How to solve this problem sir??

Hi Padman,
      I am happy to hear that, your first problem is solved by the solution discussed with you.

best of luck
      Mohamed Abouseif

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.