Home Forums GENERAL Optisystem call matlab

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Lama
      Participant

Hello everyone ….. I need help … I am writing a matlab code to implement the digital back propagation algorithm to compensate for the nonlinear effects … I am still at first when implementing the split Step Fourier algorithm code. I don’t know how to define the inputs …. To Connect Matlab and optisystem
      lmoh21481@gmail.com

Ahmad Atieh

Hello Lama,
      I am wondering why you write a code for backward propagation in the fiber. There is a bidirectional component in OptiSystem located in the Default/Optical Fibers Library/ and you able to connect DSP etc. to make the compensation.
      please contact me at ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com for further discussion.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Lama
      Participant

Hi Ahmed …. Do you mean that I do not need to write the Matlab code … does bi-directional fiber help me to mitigate the effect of SPM …. first income and output are clear … but how can back propagation be implemented through bi-directional fiber and DSP

Ahmad Atieh

Hello Lama,
      please refer to the examples in OptiSystem Example Library that talks about using the DSP component for compensating dispersion and nonlinearity in the fiber. Below is a link for the example (112Gbps DP-16QAM_OSNR Control_ Transmission System with DSP.osd) that you may start to check and get more information. Please note that the fiber is unidirectional. However, you may modify the project and use bidirectional fiber. There are many things that you could explore in this example.
      C:\Users\USER NAME\Documents\OptiSystem 17.0 Samples\Advanced modulation systems\QAM systems\16 QAM

Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.