Home Forums SYSTEM optisystem 14 not giving consistent results

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Marvi grover
      Participant

hello everyone

i had downloaded optisystem 14 evaluation to run my system , but when i run my system in it, it gives very inconsistent results, for example when i run it for the first time, it gives the Quality factor to be 10 but when i run it for the second time(with the same parameters) the Q factor comes out to be 5 , i am not able to decide which result is correct.

does anybody know why is this happening, or any solution to this
      please help

Regards
      Marvi

prakash jat
      Participant

good thing marvi
      i am facing same problem

umer ashraf wani
      Participant

1) disable seed signal in bit sequence generator
      2) install it once again and check the compatibly with ur system configuration

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Marvi Gover,
      As far as the problem is concerned i do not find any such thing related to optisystem version 14. I think as suggested by Mr. Umer Ashraf , you should try to uncheck the “generate random seed” option for every active component and then recheck the results. The has been a common problem but the results do not vary to an extent as you have said. Still i think you should give it a try and see if it helps you. I hope it does. Thanking you.
      Regards

+3
        Marvi grover
        Participant

Thankyou So much everyone….i’ll try the solutions suggested by you.

Aabid Baba
          Participant

Hello Marvi,
          You are welcome anytime. Hope it does work for you.
          Regards

Karan Ahuja
      Spectator

Hi Marvi. I agree with Umer and Aabid baba. you should try to uncheck the “generate random seed” option for every active component and then recheck the results. This will definitely make your results consistent if you wich so.
      Thanks
      Regards

+9

Hi All

Thank you for sharing the information regarding it but as far as i know whenever we transmit any information from a source end to receiver end , there is always some randomness associated with the transmitted information. And here i strongly believe that this is the reason we have the generate random seed option enabled for the pseudo random binary sequence generator just to allow randomness in the design. That is the reason our results vary a little not that way far but yes they do and in practical scenario that is going to happen anyway so i feel the random seed option should be kept enabled all the time.
      I hope you would agree with me.
      Thanks
      Regards

+11
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.