Home Forums GENERAL OptiSuite Offering

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Subhash Arya
      Participant

I came to know through Optiwave websight that:
      ” Optiwave Free for Academics
      622.74 KB

To request an OptiSuite license, please email info@optiwave.com.
      (currently only available to US & Canadian universities)

Optiwave Systems Inc., the leading provider of optical component and system design tools, announced today the immediate availability of its “Free for Academics” program to all universities in the United States and Canada. The program includes a free 1-user OptiSuite lease comprised of all six Optiwave software tools: OptiSystem, OptiSPICE, OptiFDTD, OptiBPM, OptiGrating, and OptiFiber. Also included is unlimited technical support via Optiwave’s Community Forums, access to Optiwave’s Academic Publication Portal (where students earn money for contracting their services), and nine new professionally written OptiSystem Lab Assignments.”

It shall be very helpful for our researchers if Optiwave can extend this generosity and help to Indian university( which are more in need) as well.

Hoping some good news regarding the same from Optiwave.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Sir, I also came across the same topic, It would be very helpful if the same they provide in India, Hope for the best.

Regards

+1
      Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

Thank you Shubash Arya for giving attention to this particular topic.I think this would be very great if optiwave allow this facility to users in indian universities and collages.No doubt optiwave already gave us very good opportunity to access and evaluate all the optiwave softwares for 30 days.But some collages do not able to buy latest software and some do not allow to buy even on the request of students.Major problem comes then for students who started their work on this 30 days period and stuck in between.I would like to request optiwave to look into the matter and give their opinions too.
      REGARDS

+1
      Ashu verma
      Participant

Waiting for the reply from optiwave.Thanks to all the participents and Abhishek you explained the root and major problem that students face.It will interesting to see what optiwave respond to this particular issue.

+2
      Bryan Tipper
      Participant

Thanks for everybody’s interest!

This program will be tested in the US & Canada for at least 1 year before adding other countries to the list, as we need to ensure this positively benefits both us and our customers. I cannot really provide additional information at this time, as the program just launched 2 days ago.

Cheers,
      Bryan

+2
      Ashu verma
      Participant

Thank you Bryan for quick reply and giving information on this Hot topic.We understand about company policy and it would be intersting to see launch of same scheme to india n in other countries too.Popularity of optisystem is increasing day by day .Thanks guys for making such a good user friendly software.Best gift to have for students is a optisystem latest version even for six months of their study time.

Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

I agree what Sam says. Six months free evaluation licence will help students to work for more time on the software. Besides they may be able to produce papers depending on the results they get. This will furthur increase the demand and the need to use the software.

Cheers.

Ashu verma
      Participant

Thank you Dhananjay patel,unfortunately we have to wait for some time more as Bryan stated optiwaves policy in this context.It would have been great if this will work in india soon .I agree with the use of optisystem increasing at greater pace due to reliable simulation platform and easy to learn .Latest version include almost every component which is required otherwise bpm fdtd and optifiber can cosimullate and work simontaneously.Hope to get it soon 🙂

Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

I agree Sam. Lets hope for the best. I really appreciate the Optiwave teams taking lot of efforts to provide us with the end support. Hope they come up with good strategy for Indian universities too.

Subhash Arya
      Participant

Dear Mr. Bryan,
      With reference your reply in response to the topic of ” “Free for Academics” , we have patiently waited for long more than one year since September 2015.
      Now, I hope you must have accessed this policy and now we are expecting to extend this benefit to Indian Universities.

Hoping favorable reply! 🙂

Thanking you.
      (Subhash Arya)
      NEHU, Shillong, India

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.