Home Forums SYSTEM optimization in optisys 14

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      love kumar
      Participant

hi all …
      can anyone tell me how to do optimization of a optical communication system in optisys 14. when we run simulation we get a tab named as optimization but i am not getting how to use it.

thanks in advance

HELLO KUMAR
      Well as far as optimization of any optical communication system is concerned , it is based on the changes in various component parameters and different parameters themselves and observing the results till your system gives best results with least amount of required values of the parameters. I believe the tab “optimization” you see during simulation window has nothing to do with optimizing an optical network…I guess it has something to do with simulation time or something like that ( though of which i am not sure ).
      Thanks and regards

Mohamed Ben zegalam
      Participant

Hi kumar,

In order to understand how the optimization work in Optisystem, you need to look to the optisystem_Tutorial-Volume 1. There are many optimization examples the basic one example is (SPO optimization—System margin).

Kind regards
      Mohamed

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Kumar. .

Optimization feature of any simulation software is very significant.
      Here I am posting link of Optisystem tutorials where in Optimization has already been discussed.

optiwave.com/category/optisystem-manuals/optisystem-tutorials/page/6/

I hope this helps you understand what you need .

Regards.

HI NAAZIRA
        The link is not available..i think you have not posted it correctly..could you please repost it. It may be of very good help for all of us.
        Thanking u in advance
        regards

Hi Love Kumar

As rightly put forth by fayiqa we can optimize our system design by making changes in the different components employed in our design and we better know what changes we need to bring in our design or in components to get the better result. so this Optimization tab should be regarding the simulation and its better to optimize your system on the component basis as then you would know what changes you made to get the required result.

Regards

Burhan

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi all,

I was also checking the link as mentioned by Fayiqa… It is indeed not available…

Regards

Sahil Singh

Hi All

I tried by copy pasting the link posted by Naazira. It is very much available its just that there was a problem posting the link i guess. You can also try like that or i would repost it for convenience. As it is really an important link as it mentions about optimization starting with the SPO optimization in optisystem tutorials page 6.

https://optiwave.com/category/optisystem-manuals/optisystem-tutorials/page/6/

Regards

Burhan

jyoti raina
      Spectator

Hi all…
      i also have same question…what is the significance of the optimization option that is present in the running simulation window..does it better our results in a way or not..?
      also can someone please tell how to use it during simulation…maybe it gives good results after doing optimization automatically..
      thanks all

HI JYOTI
        As mentioned in various comments that the optimization option has nothing to do with optimization of your results because no one has used it..maybe it has to do with simulation time i guess but generally we do not use this option even in the user guide there is nothing mentioned about this optimization tab..i hope someone has a good explanation for not using or using this option..
        Thanks and regards

MHD NA
      Participant

it is based on the changes in various component parameters and different parameters themselves and observing the results till your system gives best results with least amount of required values of the parameters. I believe the tab “optimization” you see during simulation window has nothing to do with optimizing an optical network

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi all..
      There must have been an error of hyperlink. You could all copy-paste the URL. Or else click on the link provided by Burhan num mina llah.

Thanks for reposting the URL address as a link , Burhan. Appreciated.

Regards.

love kumar
      Participant

thanks ll for you contribution to solve my problem .. link is working and i am trying for it .. let me try .. will revert back.. thanks again

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.