Home Forums GENERAL optical time domain visvalizer

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi all,

in my optical system design i need to analyzer bit sequence along my transmission link..
      for this i am taking optical time domain visvalizer along the channel as
      one after MZ modulator
      one after 100 km single mode fiber
      one after Dispersion compensation module.(DCM)

now what happens is that.. the sequence shown after (DCM) has some missing initial bits

how this happens..what to do.

with regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Aasif,
      This seems to be an interesting thing of visualizing the bit sequence after certain processes and certain modules . Well as far as your problem is concerned, i think it can be like that you have those bit but they have been suppressed by the noise bins. Can you upload the snapshots of the three bit sequences that you have observed. It can be very helpful in understanding your exact problem.
      Regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi aabid,
      thanks for showing interest in it i will definite upload the snapshots of the bit sequences showed on optical time domain visualizer one of each after modulator , after fiber and after DCM…let me have the access to the software…wait till then

with regards

Hi Aasif

I don’t really know much about why u are facing this issue but to the best of my knowledge I believe if u have to visualise a bit sequence we do have a binary visualiser . I don’t know i may be wrong but in my case to visualise the bit sequence i got i did use binary sequence visualiser . U can also try it in your case may be it helps.

Regards

Burhan

HELLO AASIF..

As far as your problm is concerned i think Burhan has a point.. I see it as the solution of your problem.
      You can easily compare the sequences you get by the method you are going for and the one that Burhan is suggesting.. but in my opinion Burhan is right.. try using the binary visualizer. I guess you will definitely get some help.
      Thanks & regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi burhan and fayiqa;

you are getting this wrong..
      infact i am using the binary visvualizer..there is some delay problem ,, i think..

please when i will upload then screen shots of the visualizer,,, your confusion regarding my query will get cleared.

till then wait..

with regrads

Hi All

ok Aasif i think its better we wait for your upload to get the better insight of your issue with results. lets see what we infer after that.

Regards

Burhan

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.