Home Forums FIBER optical subtractor

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Gnana Lakshmi
      Participant

can anyone suggest me how to subtract two optical spectrums using optical subtractor. if two spectrum of equal power and equal wavelength are given, I have to get zero output power at that wavelength, but I am getting the input power itself. please give some suggestions.

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

Hi Gnana, I am also seeing this issue…if I enter on the two input with two CW lasers 0dBm, 193.1THz, the output is -4dBm!

Can anyone from Optiwave team help about this?

Regards,

Alessandro

Damian Marek
      Participant

Yea this is very strange we will have to look into this for the next release.

Gnana Lakshmi
      Participant

Thank you Damian. but even if we use optical adder by giving power level for two laser as 10dBm and 10dBm at 193.1 THz frequency, iam getting output power as 16.021 dBm. why iam not getting 20dBm? Iam very confused. please help anyone.

Alessandro Festa
        Participant

Hi Gnana, actually you should have 13dBm by summing 10dBm + 10dBm.
        In fact 10dBm=10mW, so 10mW+10mW = 20mW which is 13dBm.

Best Regards,

Alessandro

Gnana Lakshmi
      Participant

Thank you Alessandro. Its correct that you are saying but iam getting power of 16.021dBm as answer. Here I have attached my project file. Please verify it. Then while subtracting 10dBm – 0 dBm what should be the answer?

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

Hi Gnana, I do not see your project file attached.
      10dBm – 0dBm is 10mW-1mW = 9mW = 9.5dBm.

Regards,

Alessandro

Gnana Lakshmi
      Participant

but iam getting the answer as 6.698dBm.

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

I definetely think that Optiwave needs to give a look at this component…thank to Damian for his quick response.

Regards,

Alessandro

Gnana Lakshmi
      Participant

can anyone say what is the internal function happening inside optical subtractor? Also i want the internal block diagram for optical subtractor. please help me.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.