Home Forums FIBER Optical spectrum

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Abu Bakar
      Participant

Hi, Everyone my question is that in optical soliton process sometime the spectrum get squeeze and sometime the spectrum gets broaden what is the reason behind that? please reply me.

Hi Abou Baker, it is interesting to see this breathing in a pulse. Could you please check the temporal pulse width as well, for me. Does it breath or not?

In general soliton is stationary pulse, so no breathing neither in spectrum nor in time! but if you see this breathing happens so what you see is different kind of pulses, that is why I was asking to go further with this discussion.

thanks
      Mohamed

muhammad jawad
      Participant

Dear abu bakr and Mohammad AAA

Solitonic generation means exact balancing of SPM and linear broadening like GVD/PMD. If there is broadening in pulse spectrum then its means that SPM is not exactly balanced with GVD/PMD.so check the dispersion as well as SPM

Dear Jawad,
      I agree with you about soliton, but there are other types of pulses that can breathe in time and frequency domain, they called similariton.
      that is why I asked Abu Bakr to check.
      for sure if he is looking for soliton he has to adjust the nonlinearity and the dispersion of the medium of propagation!!

thanks
      Mohamed

muhammad jawad
      Participant

Thanks Muhammad AAA for introducing another aspect of pulses.Thanks for backing up my comment.
      regards

Abu Bakar
      Participant

I used PBRS generator with 10gb/s to 50gb/s with 9,040 km distance. From 10 to 30 gb/s the input and output spectrum get compressed along with multiple pulses in time domain at input and output but for 40gb/s and 50gb/s the the input spectrum spread but output spectrum compress along with multiple input and output pulses. so now tell me whats going on?

Abu Bakar
      Participant

what is meant by breathing in pulses?

Breathing in pulses means that,
      spectrum or temporal width squeezes and broadens in a repeat-manner.
      this phenomena comes from interaction between dispersion and nonlinearities in medium of propagation (fiber).

what you have explained, might refer to the changing in nonlinearity and dispersion with the bit rate!

Abu Bakar
      Participant

ok thanks.

welcome

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.