Home Forums SYSTEM OPTICAL SPECTRUM DISPLAY OF BITRATE

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Buki Ojed
      Participant

Dear Sir/Ma,
      I simulated an underwater optical communication link with bit rates of 1Gbps, 100kbps and 1kbps. I was able to obtain a waveform at 1Gbps but only a straight line at 100kbps and 1kbps. What can I do to resolve this?

Regards,

Bukola Ojediran

Attachments:
      Ahmad Atieh

Hello Buki,
      Where did you measure the spectrum? I am not sure why you got a line for OSA. I need to check the setup to provide feedback.
      Please note that the laser line width is much wider than the data rate and the frequency window is relatively small.

I am attaching an image to show you the OSA and Optical Time Domain visualizers output.

Regards,
      Ahmad

Buki Ojed
      Participant

Dear Ahmad,

Thank you for your response to my mail. I have attached the Optical time domain visualizer and optical spectrum analyzer with the setup of the layout of the CW laser at 100kbps. I am awaiting your feedback thank you.

Regards,

Buki

Attachments:
      Ahmad Atieh

Dear Buki,
      Still I can’t understand where you place the OSA. I need you to email me (ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com) the project as a zip file to check it out. If you have Matlab code, I need it too.
      We offer confidential treatment of your information/project in case you are not sure of that.

Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.