maha sliti
      Participant

Hello,
      Please, I need to optically sample an analog signal in optisystem,
      Is it possible to do this?

alistu
      Participant

Hi Maha,

I think for this purpose you can use the “Optical Downsampler” component there in optical section in the tools folder in Signal Processing library. All you need to do is to define your sampling frequency in the component properties. Please see if this helps.

Regards

maha sliti
      Participant

Thank you for your help,
      Do you know please what algorithm is used by this component?

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome. I think the component simply gets the sampling frequency from the user and based on that and the frequency of the signal, determines out of how many samples to take one sample. It is really simple and I believe even one could easily do it using Matlab if it weren’t there in Optisystem component library.

regards

maha sliti
      Participant

Hi Alistu,
      I think that I can use a mode locked laser in order to sample an analog radio/wireless signal.
      I try to use this code in optisystem: https://optiwave.com/download-1/active-mode-locked-fiber-laser/
      But I cannot open the file, can you please send me a print screen of the design?

alistu
        Participant

Hi Maha,

The screen shot from the file you have addressed is attached to this comment. However, you can easily used the downsampler component for your purpose. You have asked about its function and I have explained it, but it seems it did not suit your need. May I ask why you are using this? Thank you.

Regards.

Attachments:
      maha sliti
      Participant

Thank you Alistu.
      I want to generate an electrical Radio Signal (that can be a wireless signal, …), then I want to optically sample this signal
      and then process each sample.

alistu
        Participant

Thank you for your explanation. However, I ran the OptiSystem active mode locked fiber laser example that you had addressed and did not manage to run it fine. It seemed that the calculation was being repeated for some components and then I got an error, forcing the software close. I hope your own implementation works.

Regards

yes possible

yes possible

hii
      please help ma’am can you share your email so that i can contact you.

hii
      please help ma’am can you share your email so that i can contact you.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.