Home Forums GENERAL Optical OFDM with Matlab Co-Simulation

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      SUNIL THOOL
      Participant

Hi Forum
      I am working of Optical OFDM implementation in which the OFDM modulation and demodulation part is implemented in Matlab . For initial level testing I have applied a bit stream of 1’s at the rate of 10Gbps with QPSK baseband modulator and subsequently OFDM modulator and after that it is passed through the MZM modulator and fiber of 10Km and detected through PIN diode . The demodulation part is exactly reverse part of demodulation, but constellation is not able to reproduces the required symbols.
      When I connect the optisystem modules without Optical chain then it reproduced the same symbols, but when optical chai is connected it is showing some error. Kindly suggest where I am doing mistake in this simulation. I am attaching a document which shows the OFDM transmitter and OFDM receiver with its spectrum and constellation diagram.

Attachments:

Hi Sunil,
      Have you connected the Tx and Rx B2B without any channels? this is what you meant by without chain??
      if that is the case then, the channel effects destroy the data and that is why you could not get the expected constellation!

thanks
      Mohamed Abouseif

SUNIL THOOL
      Participant

Hi Mohamed,
      Yes, this is what exactly happening during simulation with matlab co-simulation.
      What is the ideal optical channel to be implemented in optisystem. If you have any such please share it, I will try to simulated it with matlab co-simulation. Even in sample example of OFDM the matlab co -simulation from Optisystem is being carried out without optical channel.
      Please help me in this regards.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.