Home Forums SYSTEM Optical Null

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      amani
      Participant

Hello,
      How I can add an optical null to my simulation design ?

Thanks much

Damian Marek
      Participant

There is a component in the Tools library for that, called Optical Null. If you ever need to find a specific component try righ clicking the default Library folder and choosing Find Component. You can then search by name.

Cheers!

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

The optisystem has a component for its purpose. Search in the library “Optical Null”

mohammed mostafa
      Participant

thanks alot damian

kelly howard
      Participant

what is an optical null? to indicate no signal?

alistu
        Participant

Hi Kelly,

It seems so. Please take a look at the output signal from the optical null that I have got access to using Matlab component. All of the parameters in the produced signal (which has the format of Optisystem optical signals) have no values.

Regards

Attachments:
      kelly howard
      Participant

i see . thank you!! just wanna ask is there any instruction/guide that mention every components function in optisystem?

alistu
        Participant

Absolutely! There is a help section which you can see by clicking on the “help” button in the properties of the component you want to know more about (You can go to a component properties window simply by double-clicking on it in the layout). There you find the function and some mathematical relations used for modeling the component. Also, for many components, there are examples of them being used in the systems in Optisystem sample osd files.

Sasha
      Participant

Hello Kelly,

When you have component with 3 terminals, then if you are using only two terminals and not using the third terminal then you can connect the third terminal with the Optical null.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.