Home Forums SYSTEM Optical injection locking..?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

What is optical injection locking (OIL)..?

How to implement using optisystem..?

improving the performance with respect to phase noise and stability by using OIL is advantageous, can work at frequencies more than 100 GHz and have a frequency stability < 1 GHz but it increases the complexity, I am looking for suggestion in this context.

Regards,
      Dhiman Kakati

alistu
      Participant

Hi Dhiman,

It is nice to be seeing you again. Injection locking is the process of entering light with a certain frequency into a laser resonator to amplify that frequency in laser output. I haven’t done that in OptiSystem, but I believe fabry Perot laser has an input port where the injection can be done into the laser for such a purpose.

Regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Thanks Alistu for the reply, but in case of Febry Perot laser it has one electrical port also. so what type of signal need to applied there, I have not used it before, i need a littlebit details.

Regards

alistu
        Participant

The other input can be connected to the electrical bit sequence (which is the bit sequence after passing through a pulse generator). Also, I have noticed the aforementioned input being connected to a DC bias when we only intend to produce a laser light, and not modulate a bit sequence into optical domain.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Thanks Alistu for making me clear,I will try as you have suggested.

Regards,
      Dhiman

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome.

Regards

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.