Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      VIVEK YADAV
      Participant

is this circuit is working for the optical half adder.please help

what do u mean?

VIVEK YADAV
      Participant

hi mohamed, please suggest that circuit i implemented as optical half adder circuit is correct if not, what changes i will do.

the circuit you suggested is very complicated to see what you mean by optical half adder!!

do you mean the whole circuit or just part of it?
      what is the transfer function you mean by half optical adder?

please let me know, to try to help you.

best regards,
      Mohamed Abouseif

VIVEK YADAV
      Participant

hi Mohamed, whole circuit, for two input same as a half adder circuit in digital logic design, SUM (A ex-or B) and CARRY (A and B).
      e.g. if A=0110, and B=1011 the output is SUM=1101(EX-OR logic) and carry=0010(AND logic). and in my circuit, i took two user-defined sequences as input and an output section upper portion as SUM and lower section as CARRY.

so have you checked the output?
      does it gives you what you expected or not????

VIVEK YADAV
      Participant

not i found no signal only noise occurs at the output, i have tried different parameter changes but no result ,so please help what changes i should make in circuit.
      thanks,
      vivek

I suggest you that, divide your circuit into small parts then check the output after each part so you can catch where is the signal is trapped or diminish.
      try this suggestion and let me know what you found.

thanks
      Mohamed Abouseif

VIVEK YADAV
      Participant

ok Mohamed, i will try, can u give me the circuit of (A ex-or B) and (A and B)
      because i copied circuit of optical half adder so, does not know how i will make (A ex-or B) or (A and B). Please

is not it your circuit?!
      we have optical adder component in the library. no XOR

VIVEK YADAV
      Participant

actually i am working on optical RAM, i worked at half addder circuit also. this circuit is suggested by my senior but i was unable to find output every time desired result , only noise occure , i am using optisysatem 7, in my lab only optisystem 7 available, so for my thesis, i have no option only work with optisystem 7. can you attach basic circuit of optical adder which i can implement using optisystem 7.
      Thanks

VIVEK YADAV
      Participant

please pay attention here.mohammed attach a ciruit of optical adder which i can implement that using optisystem7 .

Hi Vivek,
      I have just started working in Optiwave few months ago and using OptiSystem 14 and up.
      I am not aware of OptiSystem 7 !!! sorry for that.
      try to download the trial version for one month and use the examples of the most recent versions.

Best regards,
      Mohamed

VIVEK YADAV
      Participant

Ok Mohammed,I wil, can u give any clue optical adder so I can implement it using optisystem 14.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.