Home Forums SYSTEM Optical Gaussian Pulse Generator

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Amin Sudibyo
      Participant

Hi
      I want to ask, I am now making a DWDM system design, on the transmitter side using Optical Gaussian Pulse Generator. I use 0 dBm power, and I vary the power -2 dBm and 2 dBm, and I get the result using power -2 getting Q-Factor results and Bit Error Rate better than power 2. is that correct?

Hi Amin,
      for sure it is hard to have a concrete answer yes or no without details of your project as the answer should change from one design to another

But I can say, in general, it would be correct if you use optical fiber and nonlinear effects might arise at high power ranges.

hope that helps
      Mohamed Abouseif

Amin Sudibyo
      Participant

Hi mohamed
      nonlinearity on optical fiber I switch off.
      I use 32 channels using optical gaussian pulse generator format, then on optical link using smf fiber then SOA smf and EDFA amplifier amplifiers, and when I vary powernya if using power -2dBm will get Q factor better than 2dBm power. and I read some papers showing if the greater the power will result in a better q factor value, but i am the opposite .. so i feel confused now hehe

Amin,
      yes the greater received power that means high SNR, so better BER.
      in your case many sources might be source of errors, such as nonlinearities (make sure you uncheck it from all amplifiers and components) and noise pins.
      I advise you to start from simple system which has only SMF (No Nonlinearity no noise) then verify that higher power better BER.
      then insert amplifiers step-by-step to catch the source of discrimination.

thanks
      Mohamed Abouseif

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.