Home Forums SYSTEM OPtical filter

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      lavanya krishnan
      Participant

is it possible to increase the performance of the system by using a optical filter ? I have done a sample but it doesn’t provide better result can anyone help me. I have attached it below?

Attachments:
      Alessandro Festa
      Participant

Hi Lavanya, the filter must be put in front of the receiver to be effective, in your design it is between the EDFA and the Raman Amplifier.

Regards,

Alessandro

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi lavanya, as Alessandro has mentioned that the filter (Band Pass filter) be put in front of the receiver to be effective. A band pass filter allows signals within a selected range of frequencies (i.e. Bandwidth) to be heard or decoded, while preventing signals at unwanted frequencies from getting through. A bandpass filter also optimizes the signal-to-noise ratio and sensitivity of a receiver.

Regards,
      Dhiman

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi lavanya, I am also not getting where this circuit is applicable.

alistu
      Participant

Hi Lavanya,

Even though what Alessandro said is common in the designs, I did it in your system and the result did not have any significant change. So make sure you have chosen the bandwidth of the filter according to that of the signal (Even so, you may still not get the desired result). Please visit the following forum page where I have explained more or less the same issues if you are interested:

Band pass filter

Regards

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.