Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      muhammad jawad
      Participant

Dear Friends
      Hope you all will be fine
      I have a question and request to all of you please help
      I am using optical add/drop MUX (OADM) in my simulation
      I am combining 4 wavelength modulated by data signals let say at 1550,1555,1560 and 1565 and i want to drop off 1550nm wavelength. After running the simulation when i see the spectrum connected at drop port of OADM, then apart from 1550nm other three wavelengths also present but with very low power.similarly when i see the spectrum analyzer connected at transmission port of the OADM then 1550nm also present.How to eliminate 1555,1560,1565nm at drop port and how to eliminate 1550nm at transmitted port?Please comment
      regards

Dear Muhammad,
      I think, you can minimize the other signals either the dropped one or the transmissted one by adjusting the filtering bandwidth of the device.
      but you can not completely eliminate the drop/transmitted signal completely from physics point of view!
      please check the manual of the component to examine the modeling equation used.
      hope that helps,
      thanks
      Mohamed

muhammad jawad
      Participant

Dear Mohammed AAA,
      its a guess from your side or exactly true which you have stated earlier?In simulations, i observed -60 to -80 dBm power in unwanted channels when i want to drop a desired one.What happen in practical OADM?Its an important issue and i think we should discuss over it at the forum
      Waiting your precious comments
      regards

Dear Muhammad
      Have you checked the manual?
      please, send me your project to check it with you.

thanks
      Mohamed

muhammad jawad
      Participant

Dear Mohammed AA
      actually i am working on trial version and i cannot able to send the project as while uploading a message comes ” security problem in uploading” but i can send you the screen shots of the simplest simulation depicting the concept
      regards

sure go ahead, try to include the component name to see it

thanks
      Mohamed

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.