Home Forums GENERAL Offset Launch

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Thomas Joseph
      Participant

I want to simulate(Find out) the output of MMF with offset launch. Which package is best suited for this purpose?

Damian Marek
      Participant

There are a couple of ways to simulate this. There is a quick way to do it with OptiSystem by using the Spatial Connector and the two multimode fibers or you could use OptiFDTD if the geometry is complex for the fiber and/or you are interested in any reflections that would occur. The software best suited also depends on what other types of simulations you may want to run in the future.

Regards

Thomas Joseph
      Participant

Dear sir,

I need to launch signal to an MMF from an SMF with and without offset. Can i directly connect the output of mach-zender modulater output waveform to spatial connector. When i did like this, it shows error. Also i need to see the modes of the multimode fiber. Which component i need to use forr this purpose? I am attaching the file with this.

Damian Marek
        Participant

To use the mulitmode components you needs a spatial signal input, so you can use on of the transmitters found in the Multimode folder. You can use the Spatial Visualizer to view the modes attached to each signal.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.