Home Forums GENERAL OFDM with Matlab

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 11 months ago by MUHAMMAD ZUHDI BIN MD ZAHIR.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hello, I want to calculate BER using matlab component in OFDM 16-QAM, I want to ask how can U use matlab componenent to link with the optisystem in my design, I dont know where to put the matlab component in the simulation as I cannot get the link between matlab and optisystem working. Here I attached the the osd file for my design. Thank you

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Muhammad,
      The placement of the Matlab component depends on the functionality that you desire. So, if you’d like to calculate BER then you place it after the detector section. Again depending on the code you wrote if you include filtering or other processing then the placement may vary.
      You need to make sure that the input and output ports of the Matlab component are properly set in the component properties window. Also, you need to handle the signals properly in the Matlab code to allow correct transferring of data between OptiSystem components and the Matlab component.
      I recommend viewing the examples in OptiSystem Example Library located at the following location to get better understanding.
      Please note that you can’t post OptiSystem project on the forum. You may email me the file as Zip file to ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com.
      C:UsersUSER NAMEDocumentsOptiSystem 19.0 SamplesSoftware interworkingMATLAB co-simulation
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Muhammad,
      The placement of the Matlab component depends on the functionality that you desire. So, if you’d like to calculate BER then you place it after the detector section. Again depending on the code you wrote if you include filtering or other processing then the placement may vary.
      You need to make sure that the input and output ports of the Matlab component are properly set in the component properties window. Also, you need to handle the signals properly in the Matlab code to allow correct transferring of data between OptiSystem components and the Matlab component.
      I recommend viewing the examples in OptiSystem Example Library located at the following location to get better understanding.
      Please note that you can’t post OptiSystem project on the forum. You may email me the file as Zip file to ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com.
      C:UsersUSER NAMEDocumentsOptiSystem 19.0 SamplesSoftware interworkingMATLAB co-simulation
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.