Home Forums SYSTEM OFDM – WDM

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Heitor Galvao
      Participant

The orthogonal multiple optical carrier generator, also known as optical comb generator (comb geradoróptico-OCG), is the basic cell of the optical transmitter systems (Coherent-WDM-Co-WDM). This generator is formed by a single laser and a ring of recirculation.This ring, in which are generated several carriers, consists of: a 2 x 2 optical coupler; a Mach-Zehnder optical modulator of type double, which has the function of generating a signal, a single optical amplifier (Erbium doped fiber-EDFA amplification), which compensates for the losses in the ring and an optical filter, which limits the number of carriers generated.
      In: optisystem
      Global parameters to insert a variable int, which will determine the number of turns in the control loop, the optical filter placed a bandwidth of 800 Ghz band, i.e. the signal will generate eight carriers spaced de100GHz, IE, which will determine the espacamento of my suffering is the RF generator, sine is 100GHzin laser twowho are connected to power combinner193.1 THz arises, namely, I have eight years to 193.1 THz to 193.8 THz, equivalent to WDM transmitter, optical filter, put a date value by method that attempts to limit estevalor the number of carriers generated.

More so when you replace the transmister WDM for optical generation comb, the values of OSNR and revou (BER) for the two networks with transmitters with different, more maintained the same characteristic of the two networks, dao not equal results. The optical generation comb is working only for channels 193.2-193.9 THz. I think some fixes can be made, but I don’t think opente WDM transmission and frequency would give the exact same results, because you are modulating umasequência with multiple frequencies where as WDM has distinguished different channels because they are different transmission schemes.

I found a palette in the archives of optisystem 13, “WDM Optical coherent detection OFDM system” there is a way to adapt your modulator and receiver my comb ópticotransmissor generation? Because as you can read in this scholarly reference uses ofdm: http://www6.univali.br/seer/index.php/acotb/article/viewFile/6226/348

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

Wait a bit please I will attach the projects

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

Projects in annex

Heitor Galvao
      Participant
      Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi Heitor,

I am having a hard time understanding what the main problem here is. You would like to create an optical comb transmitter? I thought it was working in the other posts. If you want to make a simple frequency comb you could multiplex different lasers sources together. You could also use a WDM Transmitter with closer spacing (although 100 GHz is not very small in your example). In the WDM Transmitter attached I simply turned off the modulation type so it is working like a CW Laser, with multiple frequencies.

Regards

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

Damian actually what I want to do is use this transmitter , in the palette “Coherent Detection WDM Optical OFDM System”

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.