Home Forums SYSTEM OFDM-WDM coherent detection

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Heitor Galvao
      Participant

Good morning, , references in English below, to understand the functioning of the transmitter, now need to replace in a WDM network using coherent detection it would be that the 13 have already optisystem file, now I have no idea how to make this Substitution, maintaining the characteristics of the two networks, and it compares them and show that in fact the transmitter is valid
      I) a network with my transmitter using coherent detection
      II) two network without my transmitter, are optisystem file 13
      The values of BER and OSNR must give values close to my transmitter is valid
      The two networks should work at 10 GB/s

Attachments:
      Heitor Galvao
      Participant

Transmitter annex and the palette of OFDM-WDM of optisystem
      someone suggests something?

Damian Marek
        Participant

Why not use rectangular filters to filter out each frequency and then using that as the input for the OFDM channels. Basically replacing the CW Laser’s in our example file with a power splitter->rectangular splitter combo.

Damian Marek
        Participant

However, there are a lot of considerations like number of carriers, carrier spacing, central frequency and bit rate that you will have to figure out to get the system working properly!

Heitor Galvao
          Participant

Excellent Damian before using coherent detection I did with a palette optisystem tutorial and in fact my transmitter is valid and works as you can see in the annex, now that I don’t understand I did two scenarios and these two scenarios you will see, in both scenarios the channel the channel BER 1, so have zero values What do you suggest to improve these values?

First scenario

Heitor Galvao
          Participant

Ultimate annex to first scenario

Heitor Galvao
          Participant

Annex the project

Heitor Galvao
          Participant

I can’t attach the project, I sent you a private message

Ravil
      Participant

I agree about the filters. They will help you to reduce the noise in your system.

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

Except for the first channel that I don’t know how do to improve checking

Attachments:
      Ravil
      Participant

Channel one looks unusual, I agree. Is it close to cut-off frq of your filter?

Ravil
      Participant

I meant EDFA band… Are you using them in your trans. path?

Heitor Galvao
        Participant

I didn’t understand your question Ravil

Ravil
      Participant

ok, I was asking you about amplifiers that you are using in your transmission path. And wanted to make sure there is no cut-off in your amp. band…

Heitor Galvao
        Participant

To BER, the non-negative OSNR or too low to change the frequency of the central laser I have to modify also the frequency of the optical filter to allow the carriers generated generating remain flat after testing yesterday enough by dawn got flat carrier, plus the OSNR first was at 1, (something) to BER continued, being zero, do you have any suggestions on how to improve it?

Attachments:
      Heitor Galvao
      Participant

Follow Annex

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.