Home Forums SYSTEM OFDM-ODSB-FSO

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi all,
      I am trying to realize a paper that is basically on free space optical communication (FSO), that uses optical double side band (ODSB) spectrum and orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM) techniques to transmit and receive data. in the ODFM block it uses 512 subcarriers, 1024 FFT and 32 cyclic prefix code before being modulated at 7.5 GHz using a QAM modulator. This QAM signal is transmitted over free space by means of a continuous wave (CW) laser having a wavelength of 193.1 THz and power of 0 dBm. The FSO network has pre and post amplification in which Silicon optical amplifier (SOA) is integrated for amplification. At the receiver side, the OFDM signals are recovered using a PIN photo detector and given to the QAM demodulator and QAM sequence decoder recover the data successfully.

I have attached herewith the paper and design file, in the paper they used 4 QAM and I am using 16 QAM but unable to get a good Q-factor (only 2 I am getting). what have a look and what further modification i can make regarding this. to have a better result. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Dhiman

Attachments:
      Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Here is the paper attached I am trying to realize.

regards,
      Dhiman

Attachments:
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.