Home Forums SYSTEM OFDM Modulator / Demodulator blocks in Optisystem

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

Can we access inside the OFDM Modulator / Demodulator blocks in Optisystem? I wish to build my own OFDM Modulator / Demodulator blocks from the Optisystem components for changing the number of sub-carriers, modulation types, guard band / cyclic prefix etc.

alistu
      Participant

You cannot access inside the blocks. However, you can build your own OFDM block by using Matlab Component. You can find the links for the tutorials on this page:

Matlab /Optisystem

alistu
      Participant

BTW, you can change all the parameters you mentioned by using the current and previous versions of OptiSystem without the need to access inside the block. In the new version (13.0.2), some changes have been made for the better. Here I have attached an image of OFDM block properties window for OptiSystem 13.0.2.

Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

OFDM block properties window:
      In the Component Properties window, click on the Help button.
      The Help document has a good overview of all the parameters and what they mean.
      If the component is based on a model, there will be a description of it and references to research papers on the subject.

alistu
      Participant

There you go…Just keep in mind that some changes have been made to OFDM blocks in the new version.

feras
      Participant

you can use matlab to do your own ofdm model

Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

Hi feras!
      Thanks for the advice. Do you have any matlab program for the same.

alistu
      Participant

You just need a program that separates the same number of input data as the number of your OFDM subcarriers and then takes N-point IFFT, where N is the number of subcarriers. That’s it!
      I have seen some Matlab OFDM programs written for OptiSystem in the forums, but I’m not sure they work well. Anyway, it’s easy work and you might be able to do it easily.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.