Home Forums SYSTEM Ofdm MATLAB, optical channel OPTISYS

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Rend Alrays
      Participant

Hi all,,
      How can I send information through the optical fiber using the optisys ?? taking the information from the MATLAB as a matrix ??

Regards
      Rend ALRays

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hello Rend Alrays,
      you can not apply a matlab code inside “MATLAB component” that has a output in vector form, either you have to convert the output series of data bit stream or electrical signal. then you have to apply it to electro optic modulator (most preferably MZM or other available modulators) to sent it in optical domain.

regards,
      Dhiman

Hello Rend Alrays

Well very well said by dhiman.. You need to ensure that the output signal of the matlab component is electrical so that u can modulate it and get the respective optical signal.. Matlab component are very much present in optisystem which u can use to run your matlab code and likewise u can use it to send information and interface with optical fiber..

Regards

Burhan

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Rend Alrays,
      I completely agree with both Burhan num mina llah and Dhiman Kakati. As they have rightly mentioned that You first need to make sure that the output signal is electrical so the required modulation of your signal is done because premodulation is prerequisite for successful data transmission.
      Also as burhan num mina llah has said that you can use to run your matlab code and use it to send information and interface with optical fiber. I Hope this will be helpful to you. Thanking You.
      Regards

Rend Alrays
      Participant

Thank you all for your helpful replies,, this is a sample of what i mean,, I’m asking if this can work? or what should i use?

Regards

Attachments:
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.