Home Forums SYSTEM OFDM

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      nadzreen
      Participant

Hi, I want to measure BER vs OSNR of OFDM system. My system is base from sample titled ‘Coherent Detection Optical OFDM System16qam’. I used ‘BER test set’ to measure the BER and ‘set OSNR’ to set the OSNR value. So can you please check my system, is the two component connected correctly?(please refer attached file). Im using optisystem version 13.0.

thank you

alistu
      Participant

You are asking whether your component connections are correct while there are no connections in your system.
      You might want to consider wiring your system first, using the sample your system is based upon.

feras
      Participant

connect your component in your system

nadzreen
      Participant

hi guys, thanks for replied.Can you explain what do you mean by the component is not connected? I already connect the ‘BER test set’ according to example given in the help section of ‘BER test set'(refer attached sample), where the ‘BER test set’ need to be connected in between of input and output of DUT. (refer attached file). can we measure BER using this setup?

Attachments:
      alistu
      Participant

Hi all,

The Set OSNR is set for 15 dB in the file attached by Nadzreen in his question. I have used two power meters, one before and one after the Set OSNR component. When I run the simulation, the optical power meter before the Set OSNR reads -19.367 dBm for signal power and -100 dBm for noise power, while the one after Set OSNR reads -22.378 dBm for signal power and -100 dBm for noise power. Both before and after the component, the OSNR seems to be much more than that. Am I right? So What happened to 15 dB OSNR that the component was set for? Thank you.

Regards

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.