Home Forums FIBER OCDMA PROJECT

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Irfan Morshed
      Participant

This project is about 16 QAM OCDMA for 3 users. However, it gives a BER of 0.5 and bad eye diagram.

Can anyone help me locate the problem kindly?

Irfan Morshed
      Participant

osd design file attached herewith.

Attachments:
      Irfan Morshed
      Participant

My project is basically about a 3 user OCDMA system for 16 QAM, where I have done spectral amplitude coding (SAC) using FBGs. I have used BER test set and the BER I am getting is 0.5 which is bad, and the eye diagram is also horrible. I have used optical amplifier of gain 10, FBGs encoded and decoded using Walsh code (you can check the wavelength and bandwidth values, I have done it by using complementary/balanced detection), laser linewidth of 300 GHZ ( since wavelength = 2.4 nm), and sequence length = 2048 bits. I also changed sequence length to 65,536 bits to support BER test set, still no change in results. All other design parameters have ideal values. However, the M-ary threshold detector values are kept as the default values for 64 QAM. The constellation and eye diagrams are both horrible.

Could anyone please be kind enough to help me locate and solve the problem? Your one tiny help can make things much easier for me here. My thesis work is getting badly hampered due to this. I have been brainstorming since weeks, still no outcome.

Please anyone help me out! Its a sincere request.

Please.

Irfan Morshed
      Participant

Here’s a brief on how Spectral Amplitude Coding (SAC) was done using Walsh Code :

We have 4 wavelength values –

lamda 1 = 1550 nm
      lamda 2 = 1550.8 nm
      lamda 3 = 1551.6 nm
      lamda 4 = 1552.4 nm

Walsh code for Encoding :

User 1 (1010) : 2 FBGs at encoder coded with lamba 1 and lamda 3 (lamda 2,4 are cut off)
      User 2 (1100) : 2 FBGs at encoder coded with lamba 1 and lamda 2
      User 3 (1001) : 2 FBGs at encoder coded with lamba 1 and lamda 4

Walsh code for decoding using complementary/balanced detection :

User 1 (1010) : 2 top FBGs at decoder coded with lamba 1 and lamda 3, 2 bottom FBGs at decoder coded with lamba 2 and lamda 4
      User 2 (1100) : 2 top FBGs at decoder coded with lamba 1 and lamda 2, 2 bottom FBGs at decoder coded with lamba 3 and lamda 4
      User 3 (1001) : 2 top FBGs at decoder coded with lamba 1 and lamda 4, 2 bottom FBGs at decoder coded with lamba 2 and lamda 3

Irfan Morshed
      Participant

Also at the transmitter side, upconversion from baseband to passband is done, from 2.5 Gigs to 60 Gigs. And at receiver side, 60 gigs RF passband signal is converted back to 2.5 Gigs baseband signal.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.