Home Forums SYSTEM Nyquist QAM optical transmitter

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      vitor ribeiro
      Participant

Dear all,

I am trying to build a QAM optical transmitter different from the default in Optisystem. The difference consists in using a raised cosine M-ary pulse generator with small roll-off factor (close to Nyquist pulse shaping) instead of a square signal shape M-ary pulse generator. The help of the optical QAM optical transmitter has an example on how to build the optical QAM transmitter using optisystem components (such as M-ary pulse generator for example), however it does not mention the parameters of the LiNb Mach-Zehnder Modulator component . I tried several parameters however i was not successful in building a QAM signal. Can anyone help?

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Victor,

What parameters of LiNb modulator are you looking for? Are you using some special design / fabrication of it? Can you, please, also upload your project (or, at least, its screen shot) so we can assist you quicker with your question?

vitor ribeiro
      Participant

Thank you Ravil,

I managed to find the parameters by myself. I attached the Nyquist optical transmitter print screen.

Best regards,
      Vitor.

Ravil
      Participant

Dear Vitor,

I am glad to hear that you have resolved your question. Let me know if I can help you with something else. Good luck with your future work and your project!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.