Home Forums SYSTEM NRZ VS RZ

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hello Everyone,
      I want to simulate the RZ and NRZ pulse encoding for the same System, So I need your Suggestion Regarding what are the parameters we need to change while transforming from RZ to NRZ. I am using DQPSK with direct detection and 16 QAM modulation. Looking for your suggestion.

Regards,
      Dhiman

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hello Everyone,
      Still Looking for your Response. please have a response here as RZ and NRZ encoding are the mostly used encoding techniques. Your effort will be highly appreciated. Thanking you.

Regards,
      Dhiman

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Dhiman,
      I think we doesn’t need to change different parameters while shifting from NRZ to RZ or vice-versa.
      There is some difference between them.
      You should use same parameters for both coding techniques.

thanks,

Rajguru M. Mohan
      Participant

Hi dhiman,
      I agree to the points of Ranjeet.
      We should use same parameters value for both NRZ and RZ.

umer ashraf wani
      Participant

first analyze the spectrum of NRZ and RZ

Rajguru M. Mohan
      Participant

Hi umer ashraf wani,
      Would you help he to analyze the spectrum of NRZ and RZ.
      How to get it.
      Which parameters and results should we consider for this.

Seeking your response,
      Thanks,

Rajguru M. Mohan
      Participant

Hi,
      I am trying to compare between NRZ and RZ modulation formats.
      Practically, it has been demonstrated numerically and experimentally that the conventional
      nonreturn-to-zero (NRZ) modulation format is superior compared to the return-to-zero (RZ) modulation
      when dealing with large WDM systems, as RZ modulation causes a significant Eye Closure Penalty near end channels.
      The results obtained in this tutorial will be used to compare the Eye Closure Penalties for both NRZ and RZ cases,
      as well as the effects of nonlinearities.
      The advantage of RZ format in terms of transmission
      distances was recently demonstrated in a long-distance wavelength
      division multiplexing (WDM) transmission experiment though most WDM transmission experiments conducted
      so far have used NRZ formats [6]. WDM signals, which were
      initially NRZ but modified before transmission, were successfully
      transmitted over transoceanic distances in a recirculating
      loop. Time-division multiplexing (TDM) transmission experiments
      , of course, use RZ signal formats, which allow
      optical MUX-DEMUX to be easily carried out. The relative
      advantages of NRZ or RZ formats are, however, still unclear
      even in single-channel long-distance transmission.

Thanks,

Karan Ahuja
      Spectator

Hi Dhiman
      I agree with Rajguru that Practically, it has been demonstrated numerically and experimentally that the conventional nonreturn-to-zero (NRZ) modulation format is superior compared to the return-to-zero (RZ) modulation when dealing with large WDM systems, as RZ modulation causes a significant Eye Closure Penalty near end channels. The results obtained in this tutorial will be used to compare the Eye Closure Penalties for both NRZ and RZ cases, as well as the effects of nonlinearities. The advantage of RZ format in terms of transmission distances was recently demonstrated in a long-distance wavelength division multiplexing (WDM) transmission experiment though most WDM transmission experiments conducted so far have used NRZ formats .
      WDM signals, which were initially NRZ but modified before transmission, were successfully transmitted over transoceanic distances in a recirculating loop. Time-division multiplexing (TDM) transmission experiments, of course, use RZ signal formats, which allow optical MUX-DEMUX to be easily carried out.
      Hope you find it helpful.
      Regards

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.