Home Forums SYSTEM Nonlinearities in OptiSystem

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Ravil
      Participant

Dear all,

I’m trying to investigate the influence of non-linearities on designed scheme using OptiSystem software. I’m using a SMF as a transm. medium in that scheme. Does anybody know how can enable Stim. Bril. Scattering (SBS)?

Thanks

Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi Ravil,

For Brillouin Scattering you will have to use the Bidirectional Optical Fiber component. Head to the Enhanced tab in the Component Properties window and you can enable it there.

Regards

Ravil
      Participant

Thank you for your quick answer!!!

Ajay Vyas
      Participant

Hi
      have you idea about order of nonlinearity in Optisystem

Alessandro Festa
        Participant

Hi Ajay, SPM and XPM can be enabled in the fiber by simply checking them into properties. Brillouin can be enabled as well but note that it takes really a long time to perform a simulation where this effect is included.

Ravil
      Participant

Hi, FDTD provides 2nd and 3rd order. I believe they existing in Optisystem as well…

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Alessandro, do you have any ideas how this process can be optimized (it takes tremendous time for my PC…)?

Damian Marek
        Participant

Hi Ravil,

You can try using our CUDA implementation to speed up FFTs (and IFFTs), which will speed up solving of the nonlinear Schrodinger Equation. In the layout parameters just check the box and that is all that is needed. Let me know if that helps.

Regards

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.