Home Forums FIBER nonlinear charateristic in fiber link

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Fakhriy Hario P
      Participant

Good day, I would like to ask about simulate or create and generate characteristic nonlinear (gamma) in fiber link in optisystem….any help would be appreciated, thanks…..

alistu
      Participant

Hi Fakhriy,

In order to choose the nonlinear characteristics of the optical fibers in OptiSystem, you can simply choose the “Nonlinearities” tab in the fiber component properties. You can see the list of various nonlinear effects there with their explanations in the fiber ccomponent help section.

Regards

Fakhriy Hario P
      Participant

Many thanks Alistu, I will try it, but before that my design signal must be dithering condition…dithering (induce signal to system) like noise…can you help me how to make noise/dither to some signal in optisystem….

Regards

alistu
      Participant

I believe you can use “Noise Source” component available in the electrical section of Pulse Generation folder in the transmitters library. You can define value of the average power or the PSD in the properties of the noise source component. I remember suggesting this component for dithering in another forum before. Let me know if it helps.

Regards

Fakhriy Hario P
      Participant

what if noise source for optical signal?? what device for convert from noise source to optical signal? or anything else device for optical noise source? many thanks before Alistu

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome. If you don’t want to add noise to signal in the electrical domain and then convert the result consisting of both signals to optical signal, you can use the LiNb MZM to convert the electrical noise to optical noise. I am not sure if my suggestion is the most convenient one, though.

Regards

+2
      Fakhriy Hario P
      Participant

thank you very much Alistu..

Regards

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome Fakhriy.

Regards

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.