Home Forums FIBER Non-Linearity

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Muhammad Fazlani
      Participant

Hello Friends,

I need to create single phase and cross phase modulation, i am trying but output spectrum is not showing anything. can anyone please update .osd file for it.

alistu
      Participant

Hi Muhammad,

I think you may have forgotten to attach your OptiSystem implementation file. I’ll be waiting for it. Besides, if you have an input but no output spectrum, this may imply some mistake in the whole system implementation, and not just being unable to see SPM and SPM effect in the spectrum.

Regards

Muhammad Fazlani
      Participant

Hello,

Thanks alot for replying. and yes, i am new in this. Attached is my file, its showing the spectrum at output but not with phase inverted as i followed the instructions of tutorials for SPM. please have a look and guide me.

Attachments:
        alistu
        Participant

If you are referring to the effect shown in figure 3 in the page addressed by the following link, infortunately I was also unable to achieve it:

SPM-Induced Spectral Broadening

Not only using your file, but I also tried to achieve it using all OptiSystem samples regarding SPM effect and yet couldn’t get the result. I will let you know in case of any progress.

Regards

Muhammad Fazlani
      Participant

Thanks alot and i am trying too but its just i dont know maybe there is something i am missing

Damian Marek
        Participant

Enabling self-phase modulation in the fiber will model XPM for different channels as well. The fiber in your project appears to be setup correctly, however you only have one channel at 193.1 THz, so I am not sure how you are expecting XPM to occur.

Furthermore, presently the optical spectrum analyzer only displays the magnitude and not the phase of the spectrum. The only possibility is to view the phase in the time domain visualizer for now, by choosing a polarization (clicking one of the bottom tabs like Power X) and checking the Analysis box on the right.

Muhammad Fazlani
      Participant

other than this do you know how to implement XPM in optisystem ?

Muhammad Fazlani
      Participant

Hello Damian,

I did as you instructed and i got following two results as shown in attached pictures. but i have queries that

In PIC SPM1: is this showing the inverted phase ??

and In PIC SPM2: whats the chirp is suggesting?? that there is phase difference because of which chirp is produced ??

I am beginner so please can you tell me its significance, i would really appreciate

Attachments:
        Damian Marek
        Participant

Muhammad,

I am not sure what is meant by inverted phase. It appears the two pulses have different phases but under closer inspection they appear to be only 2pi difference in the phase, so probably same relative phase.

The only information I can gather from these plots is that is seems the pulses have undergone self phase modulation and because of that they have a non-constant phase and a very slight linear chirp.

Muhammad Fazlani
      Participant

Hello Damian,

Thanks alot for your help. i get it now and i am also working on optical phase conjugation technique for which what i did is placed Matlab component between two optical fibers and taking the signal conjugate in order to remove dispersion. i got following results before and after dispersion is this correct ?

awaiting for your response

Damian Marek
        Participant

Muhammad,

Looks good to me, but I don’t really have much experience with optical phase conjugation as a method for dispersion mitigation!

Muhammad Fazlani
      Participant

Hello Damian,

Awaiting for your response

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.